Speach, Speach!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speach, Speach!!

I have to make one!!! my daughters getting married this saturday so wish her (and me) luck, i just hope i dont make an embarrassing tounge tied lash up of it,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

.. In a custard as I am to pubic squeaking.....
    Have fun!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

have fun,no talking turds tho

Comment

one of the best lines I heard was to the effect of, nice to see the bride wearing white....starting off matching the rest of the domestic appliances is a good way to go!
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Google Father of the bride speeches,had the same problem two years ago,you will get some ideas off the web,you can even buy speeches already written for you,best of luckis the best thing you can say.
          I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Comment

Only been a best man twice, first occasion I was great (loads of people congratulated me on my speech and ad libs)!

Second time I was terrible (loads of people told me that as well)!

It all depends on how you're feeling on the day.

Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll be fine, and congratulations on the happy event.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Thanks all, just done it on "word" and printed it, (and no i am not putting it on here)so should be ok, at least i'll be able to read it, cant read my own writing, i definatly am not one for getting up i front of people, i'll be bl00dy glad when that bits over, i can then loosen my belt, collar and waistcoat and enjoy it

Comment

My daughter gets married next month and I have to make the welcoming speech, which I am not too bothered about as I am used to speaking in front of people, but the Best Man and the Groom are sh*tting themselves already. They are even talking of having the speeches before we eat because if we dont they wont be able to get anything down. Just remember you are in front of friends and family. Enjoy the day, the speech is only a small part of it.

Comment

Ive been best man twice and my advice would be write the speach out in word, then just bullit point the main parts and try to memorise. nothing worse than reading it from a sheet of paper just use the notes if you get a bit lost or forget what your saying! also beers (1 -2) help!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                    Ive been best man twice and my advice would be write the speach out in word, then just bullit point the main parts and try to memorise. nothing worse than reading it from a sheet of paper just use the notes if you get a bit lost or forget what your saying! also beers (1 -2) help!
                    When my sister got married, we had to tip a little bit of whiskey into dad. The trip from the registrary office to the reception was done by motorcycle and sidecar, with around about 150 bikes following. (most on open pipes and not a helmet in sight) they went round the town twice and then back to the Clubhouse for the reception. My dad stood up, and sung 'To be a turmot 'ower' (That is 'to be one who hoes turnips') and sat down to rapturous applause from a tin shed full of hairy arsed bikers. We didn't tell him half of them were German(he was a bit old fashioned about such things) and we didn't tell him we were videoing it.

(I was the only sober person in the room, and the only one in a suit. (i do like to be a little different)
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips, should be ok as i increased the font (letter) size so i can see it on the table and wont have to hold it up in front of me, aggree it looks a bit contrived holding a paper in front of your nose

best wishes to your daughter and future husband Hi-sider, have a good time,

think i'd feel more at home in front of a bunch of hairy bikers Charley, most of the grooms side i've never met and theres loads of em, my side ya can count on your hands, actually looking forward to it now (apart from the speach)
                      thanks again, all the best, ian

Comment

Bugger me Ian, I hope your speEch, , is better than your spelling. Anyhow's, you're the father of the bride. You're meant to be a total embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          Bugger me Ian, I hope your speEch, , is better than your spelling. Anyhow's, you're the father of the bride. You're meant to be a total embarrassment.
                          I will be when i start danceing mate and not too worried about the spelling just as long as i dont fluff it

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                            I will be when i start danceing mate and not too worried about the spelling just as long as i dont fluff it
                            Best wishes to all concerned anyhows. I'm sure you'll do fine.

p.s: What totally embarrassing dances are planned then?

Comment

One will def be the Ho-Chi-Min two step,

Comment

Working...
                              X