phew what a day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phew what a day.

the old 2.8 is due its mot tuesday,so i thought i would give her the once over today.i had a few jobs that needed doing so off i went,fitted new fog lamp.next job was change front n/s brake caliper because it was pulling to the left under heavy braking,whilst i was there i decided to change the whole hub assembly and fit manual hub locks at the same time.changed brake pads and replace brake fluid through out.next remove rear drums clean inspect and adjust refit drums.change oil in diffs and g/box,had only done engine oil a week or two ago.i drained a pint or so from the engine oil and because the old girl is coming up on 300,000 k i added some lucas additive to the engine,power steering ang g/box wow what a difference,no more rattles or knocks squeeking and the gear change is so much slicker than before £40 well spent,so hopefully now she will glide through the mot,coz friday she has got to get to yorkshire and back.
    www.overfab.uk

Do the manual hubs work ok ............nice aren't they
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Do the manual hubs work ok ............nice aren't they
      what a bitch they were,fitted them in ten minutes took an hour or so to find out why they were still turning the drive shafts in free wheel position.but eventually a quick adjustment of the springs inside did the trick.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Just by way of contrast...
        All I have done today is mow the grass. Just before I finished, one of the bearings on the deck seized solid. So one bit of lawn is still a bit straggly.
        I've got the deck off, I've got the bearing housing off, Can I gat the Pulleys off it? can I ****. My puller is around about 1/2 an inch to small to fit it, I've tried cooking it, hitting it, dousing it in WD40, and it's just not having it. And I'm proper grouchy now.
        Bank holidays? I hate em.
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hey charlie sound like youve had the kind of day ive had.hope you get yer mower sorted mate.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            hey charlie sound like youve had the kind of day ive had.hope you get yer mower sorted mate.
            Given up. Going to push it round the front and hope the gypsies nick it
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
            X