Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild or retire......

Hi Guys,

I have a J plate 2.4 import Surf that I loved for many years, then on a trip back from Wales the head went and cracked, the car has sat square wheeled on the drive for 18 months now as I have been to skint to repair it due to redundancy, I have scrapped a few quid together now but the question is;

1. Is it worth repairing the truck.
    2. Would the rest of the vehicle be in a dubious state due to standing.
    3. Should I cut my losses and send her to truck heaven.

I know these are difficult questions without seeing the truck but I need to get a view from those in the know so I dont waste any hard earned.

Cheers for any opinions.

Stu

Only you can answer that one mate,
    it's not worth repairing a 2.4 if it's going to cost hundreds,
    it should'nt have to many probs haveing been standing (maybe break shoes jammed)
    you should cut your losses and replace it,
    course all this depends on how much you "love" it, and what extra work you've done to it,, stick a pic or two of it on and that'll give us a better idea
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I have to agree fully with Popeye. How much is it worth to you, how much have you spent on it to date and do you love it.

I guess the advantage of repairing is that you know the truck and you would not be worrying so much about the head after the work has been done. You might buy another surf and the head could go on that and that's also the 3.0L

I'd go with what feels right. I'd fix mine cause it's kind of a family member now

Comment

Cut your losses and send it to me, I'll v8 it and make sure she is well loved!!

promise!
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X