3rd Gen Roof Bars like looking for hens teeth....SO I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Roof Bars like looking for hens teeth....SO I

Got fed up trying to find some roof bars that will fit the rails already on the 3rd Gen models (as title states "like looking for hens teeth") so I got myself some 1 1/4" stainless steel tubing 1/16th gauge and set about making some.

Have attached images, these are not finished yet as my polishing mop hasn't turned up yet (only ordered it 2 week's ago ggggrrrrrrr)

Should look ok when they are nice and shiny also made a Spot light bar for the front, this still need a little work and another pair of spots to match.

Total cost £38 for the bar

Going to fix some Thule cross bars onto them using "U" clamp's
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kazam401
    Got fed up trying to find some roof bars that will fit the rails already on the 3rd Gen models (as title states "like looking for hens teeth") so I got myself some 1 1/4" stainless steel tubing 1/16th gauge and set about making some.

Have attached images, these are not finished yet as my polishing mop hasn't turned up yet (only ordered it 2 week's ago ggggrrrrrrr)

Should look ok when they are nice and shiny also made a Spot light bar for the front, this still need a little work and another pair of spots to match.

Total cost £38 for the bar

Going to fix some Thule cross bars onto them using "U" clamp's
    Look good Rob, production line coming up??
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Look good Rob, production line coming up??
      Maybe Nigel......but I had to reel in one of my favours owed getting the tubing bent.

Making the fixings for the original rails isn't a problem thats my line of work

Comment

Look very profesional Rob . Nice job especially with the bent ends to them .

Watch out Toyota , patent parts in production ( if Toyota bothered to make some ).

Rick
        Last edited by Vagrant No2; 13 May 2004, 19:46.
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Fab!! Want some want some want some

John
          http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

Working...
          X