Front pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front pipe

OK My ole freinds I've changed the back box and the flexi pipe, now the the front down pipe is blowing away ! I've just ordered a genuine Toyota one from Roughtrax with gaskets studs etc.
    Do I just jack up the front, take the wheel off to access the fixings and attack it like that ? any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi Dave, sorry for the delay mate, sodding internet's been murder last couple of weeks,
    right! when i got mine off i had to use two or three socket extensions and a universal joint thing, to get the nut nearest the block, you may have to undo the auto trans fluid pipe clamp to fiddle the extensions up through there, (made a bit easier with any sort of body lift) the other two you can get a small turn on through the wheel arch, should be a lot easier for you if your not increaseing the pipe size, i still have a socket stuck on the back nut, couldnt get it offfiddley bugger of a job,
    Last edited by POPEYE; 22 May 2009, 07:30.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks Ian, Looks like your'e the only one on here thats tackled this job !

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
        Thanks Ian, Looks like your'e the only one on here thats tackled this job !
        I need mine done for the MOT, but once Mr Quik Shit finds out what a Surf is, he can do it. I can't be arsed with the hassle!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Carefull with quick fit I was quoted near to £300 for just a back box

Comment

As popeye said , a very long extention is needed .
            If you can get it on a ramp all the better, that will give you better
            access, take care not to snap off the studs that will give
            you nightmare of a job .
            Remove the o/s wheel , remove the cover on the inner wing
            that will help as well .
            Good luck buddy

Chris
            GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Working...
            X