tailgate motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tailgate motor

hey would much apreciate it if some one could tell me the year that the toyota corola pass window motor is the same as the surf tail motor

Approximately the same years as the 2nd gen Surfs.

Comment

I think the newer corolas (and most newer toyota models) have a cable and drum mechanism rather than a geared mechanism. So if it's geared - then it will fit. (or should!!)
      Also try other older toyota models - all the same motor!!

Don't be tempted to get the other window motor (opposite hand) and fit 180' about. Although this method works perfectly - I found from experience that when the motor is mounted this way - it allows moisture to gather inside motor housing and corrode internals within a year or so. When the correct hand motor is installed - moisture can drain freely from motor.
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
        I think the newer corolas (and most newer toyota models) have a cable and drum mechanism rather than a geared mechanism. So if it's geared - then it will fit. (or should!!)
        Don't be tempted to get the other window motor (opposite hand) and fit 180' about. Although this method works perfectly - I found from experience that when the motor is mounted this way - it allows moisture to gather inside motor housing and corrode internals within a year or so. When the correct hand motor is installed - moisture can drain freely from motor.
        ive still not suffered it wit with my back window

Comment

my trucks been a bit of an ass lately ive done the cambelt waterpump cap rear drivers wheel baring which was a sod and it taken me longer to get a motor than do all that, ive been told it will happen to all surf trucks and there £195 new lol but everyone sellin one wants silly money the rear elec window was the only reason i bought one really for my big doggys

Comment

Hi rob, which middleton are you in?

If its west yorkshire then im working just round the corner in belle Isle.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
              Hi rob, which middleton are you in?

If its west yorkshire then im working just round the corner in belle Isle.
              SI !!!!!!,

Keep your truck locked, and take the wheels
              with you when working side. Hehehehe!! I've
              worked round there before.

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
                hey would much apreciate it if some one could tell me the year that the toyota corola pass window motor is the same as the surf tail motor
                Hi mate,

toyo O/S/R Carena 'e' or carolla fitted to mine £15.00 from scrappy.

Gman

Comment

Hey mate, one of the guys im working with got his van broke into while we were there yesterday, we gave chase but the little tw@ts were too fast.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                    Hey mate, one of the guys im working with got his van broke into while we were there yesterday, we gave chase but the little tw@ts were too fast.
                    Be carefull out there mate.

Gman

EDIT:

It's worse than the ZOO. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                      Hi mate,

toyo O/S/R Carena 'e' or carolla fitted to mine £15.00 from scrappy.

Gman
                      £15! You were robbed. Mine was only £5.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        £15! You were robbed. Mine was only £5.
                        Bugga !!

Gman.

Comment

I live in middleton manchester and if that guy got one for a fiver get me one and post it to me lol, but ye much apreciated on the info on the corola and the side its on il get one this weekend its gettin on my boobs havin to man handle the window

Comment

Working...
                          X