Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear area cover and under seats space Question

Hi ,
    I'm concerned about the lack of cover for the rear contents when i get the surf,im thinking for the time i do have stuff i wish to keep covered,that i may put a set of six small hooks
    (These would run,one left and one right behind the rear seats,them the same repeated mid way along the rear and the final 2 near the tailgate)

Then some dark cloth with hole for the hooks to hang over the rear,with the strong plastic covered wire cord you find on old style net curtains ,three small sections running,left to right to keep the whole thing taught (sp),this will only be used on occasion not daily,when not in use will stow any small and tidy
    Do you think its feasible ? or have you across other solutions?

Also the rear seats,do they have much space underneath? I'm also thinking find a small shallow plastic tray to go under each side ,with some fixings so they dont wobble or rattle but can be removed for when i want to fold the seats flat,do you think there enough room for this?

Sorry if it seems a bit random but i want to maximize the use of space and practicality

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by jaceuk; 19 May 2009, 18:20.
    Grey 2.4 Diesel surf on J plate

i may be wrong, but i think ive read somewhere on here that there is a load cover available for the smurf.as for the boxes forget it have you looked under the seats???
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I havent picked up my Surf or had a good look around one yet mate,so its all a guess and forward planning
      I take it theres sod all room under oh well

Comment

get a load liner over or limo tint the back windows?

Comment

Thanks guys ,Its got tints which i believe are pretty dark but i go to some dodgy areas and just feel safer covered.

Comment

You need the rear load cover mate. Got one given from Kev Turner and bought the brackets off Lord Lucan for £20.
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
              i may be wrong, but i think ive read somewhere on here that there is a load cover available for the smurf.as for the boxes forget it have you looked under the seats???
              I think they come as standard equipment or is that just the SSSR-G??
              Took mine out the same day I bought it ( no use to me with my dogs) and flogged it on ebay.
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                I think they come as standard equipment or is that just the SSSR-G??
                Took mine out the same day I bought it ( no use to me with my dogs) and flogged it on ebay.
                Nope, they ain't standard on all models mate. My 1995 SSRX didn't have one fitted. Believe they were an optional extra.
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

So they may pop up or some others maybe be adapted ,awesome
                  cheers fellas

Comment

This is my el cheapo £25 mod - held in place with a ratchet strap - keeps it all tidy, two minutes to remove. Thread in the mods section

£7 from B&Q

View through the back window
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Did this to mine mate.
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...m+parcel+shelf
                      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

wow mate what a cracking set up! with my DIY skills it may come out looking like a skip tho'

Comment

Working...
                        X