me new truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me new truck

Hi fellas, after weeks of waiting for my R1 to sell and watching some nice surfs come and go on the internet, my bike went on Saturday and I thought I'd get in quick with this surf,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=170333050126

as it looked clean and tidy, especially inside, so off with my wife and daughter I trek to Doncaster for a look and came home with it. Now I know some of you wont agree with this bit but I polished it! there's acres of ###### bodywork to do! took several hours of hard graft but hey it's new to me and I like to start off with a clean car. Just noticed it has a limited slip diff too, so if any of you guys from Stevenage see me around in it give us a wave or a flash (headlights only please!)

Very nice to, good buy, guess it was going cheap because of the wood effect dash ? steering wheels a bit loud as well! but on the whole it's a nice truck, annoying thing is when i was looking i could only afford a 2.4, 3lts were well out of range, paid 3K for mine
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

my first thought was the steering wheel, but it isn't as loud as the photos suggest, it must have glared up with camera flash, i said to my wife i'll have to change that but its actually nice to drive with and certainly not as orange as the pictures show.
      I'll post some pics up soon

Comment

Nice looking truck. Looks like you got yourself a bargain.
        Brummie
        Errrrm now you,ve polished yours do you fancy doing mine
        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
          Very nice to, good buy, guess it was going cheap because of the wood effect dash ?
          Oy! Nothing wrong with a wood effect dash mate!
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

nice one, i had to polish and t-cut mine as well, the roof TWICE.....
            i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

looks a nice truck what you pay if you dont mind me askin

Comment

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
                looks a nice truck what you pay if you dont mind me askin
                Errrm, if you clicked on the Ebay link to see the truck pictures you should have also noticed he paid the 'buy it now price' which was £1500!
                Last edited by Scorpion; 19 May 2009, 16:59.
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

ye true thort it was auction price because it wasnt red but still a nice truck

Comment

Very clean i hope it turns out to be all you want it too
                    Grey 2.4 Diesel surf on J plate

Comment

i'm impressed with it, surprisingly its not doing bad on fuel at all, not quite a full tank when i picked it up, driven 150 miles home and about another 60 miles to and from work and I still have quarter of a tank left. it really is as clean as the pics show inside and the only thing I have found that needs repairing is the drivers rear window has come out of the runner, motor is working but window not moving an easy fix for an ex windscreen fitter

Comment

Originally posted by mickyd View Post
                        i'm impressed with it, surprisingly its not doing bad on fuel at all, not quite a full tank when i picked it up, driven 150 miles home and about another 60 miles to and from work and I still have quarter of a tank left. it really is as clean as the pics show inside and the only thing I have found that needs repairing is the drivers rear window has come out of the runner, motor is working but window not moving an easy fix for an ex windscreen fitter
                        You'll prob know the motor bond comes apart then, theres a write up about fixing it, i've been lucky so far,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

window fixed, just as i suspected, glass has come out of runner, been round and had a proper look round today, found a few really minor bits nothing really, trim bits not attached sorted those too, engine, gearbox and axle have no leaks, completely bone dry. needed to top up power steering fluid, no signs of a major leak just a damp hose around the reservoir/pump area but no drips so i'm not worried.
                          overall it looks a good one, can't wait to do some laning

Comment

The add says it has done 151,000 miles, but this is an import so would the odometer not still read km's even though the speedo card may have been changed to miles??

Comment

Working...
                            X