Been a bit angry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a bit angry...

About a year ago, I designed and built a device for work which produces RF modulation types for testing to MilStd and DefStan. Basically, they're a series of precise audio waveforms used to modulate a transmitter.

Anyway, the device went down pretty well with the boss, and its been in use since then.

About 3 months ago, it went missing. It's not a big box (about the size of a hardback book) and I figured one of our many customers had thrown it in with their kit by accident. What was a bit odd was the circuit diagrams I drew up and left in the lab, disappeared too. However, it turned up, just as mysteriously, about a month ago - the youngest of our engineers, a day release student, found it under a colleagues desk, at 7am one morning.

Bet you can guess cant you.

Anyway, the printer in the office jammed last thursday, and a colleague helped the youngster unjam it. First page to come out was a cover sheet with 'Modulation generator' by XXXX XXXX (name withheld, but not me!!!) on the college headed paper.

My colleague came to me, open mouthed, and told me what he'd seen, and when our young friend had gone, I took a look on his PC and found a full report on the device I'D built, written up as though it was all his own work! It included photos, copies of my diagrams, bl00dy everything! He'd been bragging for ages on how he'd got a distinction at college for his project work too...

To be honest, when I found this, I felf sick. He'd taken my work, and blatantly passed it off as his own, and done bl00dy well out of it! Anyway, I emailed it to my boss, and myself at home incase he twigged and deleted it all, and had a word with my boss too. I told him I didn't want to be responsible for him getting fired - our employer is paying for his college, but if the director finds out, I'm pretty sure that's what it'll lead to.

Anyway, boss fronted him about it (remember, 'youngster' doesn't know I've got a copy of his report and thinks I've just seen the cover sheet) and he turns round and tells him he only used mine as an example to show other ways of doing it in comparison to his (!) version. He came to me and told me as much, but when I told him I had a copy of the report, well, I've never seen the colour drain from anyones face as fast as that! He just turned and walked away.

Boss has told him he has to tell the college its not his, and produce something of his own - which he's incapable of cos he's thick, and that he wants to see all of his coursework, and if there's any other indiscretions, he's taking it straight to the director. I think thats bl00dy lenient to be honest.

But, the point of this? Well, what a TW@T!!! I'll never trust him, or help him out again, and as the news has spread amongst the other engineers, I very much doubt anyone else will see him in the same light again.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Ooh, Apachegate!

Comment

Can't he go for a one way trip on Salisbury Plain for a live fire excercise ?
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

You know what engineers are like mate. He'll get frozen out completely by your lot.

Tw@ts like that though, I'd say he'll probably be in management within a year.

Comment

He might as well start looking for an other job now.
          It sounds like the little shyte would do well in politics. Backstabbing and theft, yep will make a good politician
          I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

I krindged reading this! Yep, what a ####!! his ass

Comment

stop being a pussy andy,ive been copying your stuff for years and passing it off as my own.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Seems to me he will do well in the mod then andy......
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  stop being a pussy andy,ive been copying your stuff for years and passing it off as my own.

If he'd asked me for a hand in designing something, or just for a few pointers, I'd have been happy to oblige. The sneaky, underhand, lying thing did it for me. At least you asked me if you could pass 'stein off as your own work!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

What a sneaky little shyte. He's got no future in your lab mate - as said - he will be on his own, engineers of all types always stick together but NEVER do this kind of rubbish.

Can't you set up somekind of generator and connect it to his nads????
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

He could well be kicked out of college as well. most of them take plagurism as a disciplinary (gross misconduct type) offence.

What a tw@t
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

At least you asked me if you could pass 'stein off as your own work!
                        yea the funny thing about that is to this day everyone still thinks i built stein and not you.mwahahahahahahahha........ .........................ooopp s ######## now they do.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

If he'd asked me for a hand in designing something, or just for a few pointers, I'd have been happy to oblige. The sneaky, underhand, lying thing did it for me. At least you asked me if you could pass 'stein off as your own work!
                          yep i know exactly where yr comin from,ive run ideas past ppl at work to improve things,ive got no that wont work,3 months later,they pass it off as their own,so i just go to work now,say nothing,do wot i have to and come home,really hacks me off,but work wise i really just give up

Comment

Id go and see were ever he logged the assignment and uncover his lies to them
                            Grey 2.4 Diesel surf on J plate

Comment

now that is low....
                              Glad u caught him out Andy........
                              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Working...
                              X