windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows

yesterday i thought i would take a door pannel off the rear n/s as it is a bit slow. i didnt know how hard this was going to be as i have had nightmares with other cars i have had, like when i pop the plastic retainers they usualy break, and the waterproof skin never comes off in 1 peice, and they never seem to go back how they come off but then again thats prob me DOH!!. anyway took the pannel off couldnt beleave it i didnt break anything, the waterproof skin came off in 1 peice, and it only took ten mins to take off. so serviced window with a dab of grease and a touch of silicone and bobs ya uncle works like a good,n. so i did the rest incuding the rear window had it all done with in an hour and a half.. only problem is i was supposed to be working on the new bathroom mrs slim was not happy well i have been doing it for 3 months but then i tell her that i have to look after my new love(surf) oh did i put my foot in it dont think flowers and chocy,s are gonna do it this time! oh well still got the surf.....
    CHEERS JOHN................

Call in DIY SOS to finish the bathroom, and then you can play all day with the Surf.

Comment

Inside the door

I did the same thing last weekend - stripped down all the doors and tailgate to grease/silicone lube the mechanism. All windows speed up and down now!!

While I was there I was shocked at how little anti-rust protection the inside of the door skin has. I coated them with a good dose of waxoyl for good measure.

It's a job well worth doing!

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X