Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mate I'm new on here too, purchased my first surf just yesterday, looking forward to gettin out down some green lanes soon.

Comment

Welcome

If you have a problem with spelling there is a simple solution, just write your post in “word” and paste & copy. Or install the spell checking software (ABC button) on the post/reply to screen.

You will see plenty of spelling mistakes here (I’m beginning to think that “teh” is a real word and "of" and "off" are interchangeable) but to be honest, the thing that I find really irritating is the use of “text speak” as it takes longer to read.

I’m not the best at spelling myself. At school they tried a new system of showing you how words “looked” rather than sounding them out. I can instantly tell when a word is written incorrectly but it may take me a bit of juggling until the word looks “right”. The strange thing is that I deal with Latin / scientific words every day and never seem to have problem with writing them correctly.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Hi an welcome

I wouldn't worry - I am not too bad at spellin' just gets muddled up when typin'
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Hello Jace, welcome aboard, judgeing by your first post your better at it than i am, 2,4's aint so bad, if your not sure of it's history drain it and undo some hoses and give it a dam good flush, replace the stat and cap and refill, there are some fillup burping mods (cheap) if your interested, saves getting air locks and the brown stain moment when the needle goes over half way, oh and fit an aftermarket water temp gauge soon as ya can, the original's pi$$ poor
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks for the warm response ,but i feel that this really isnt my type of place the Humor seems all a little odd
            Sorry and all that but Thanks anyway
            Grey 2.4 Diesel surf on J plate

Comment

Only Kidding!!!!
              Love the Humor this place sounds right up my street i like a joke and dont mind at my expense.
              Thanks for the great replys ,cant wait to learn more about life around here

Dont think ill off road but id meet up with those that do too have a friendly hello etc,Derbyshire but will travel

Oh and School boy error the Surf is a 2.4

cheers all

Comment

Welcome. As Sanch said, your grammar and spelling is a damned sight better than most on here, so one ought not worry too much on that point.

Comment

Cheers Matt i used to do some work in Barnsley ,used to see a really nice Surf then Dark Blue jobbie,IIRC that was around 2002/2003

Comment

hiandwelcometothesurfemporiumo fpleasure.asothershavesaiddont worryaboutthespellingandgramma r,hellwedont.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jaceuk View Post
                      Cheers Matt i used to do some work in Barnsley ,used to see a really nice Surf then Dark Blue jobbie,IIRC that was around 2002/2003
                      Well it wern't Matt's, his is the rubbishy grey one
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Only Kidding!!!!
                        Love the Humor this place sounds right up my street i like a joke and dont mind at my expense.
                        Thanks for the great replys ,cant wait to learn more about life around here

Dont think ill off road but id meet up with those that do too have a friendly hello etc,Derbyshire but will travel
                        Oh and School boy error the Surf is a 2.4

cheers all
                        Have a look here http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52809
                        You don't have to get the truck dirty but you are more than welcome to come and say hello, camp for a night or 2 and have a couple of beers with us.
                        I'm sure there will be a few offers to take you round the off road site.
                        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Cheers ill run that by the wife and see what the family think,great idea

Comment

Cheers ill run that by the wife and see what the family think,great idea
                            It will be my first time on an outing with this mad bunch so you won't be the only one who's not got a clue.

I think on the saturday night we all put our keys in a bowl.
                            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Lol nah i aint swapping my wifes the worlds most stunning women!

Comment

Working...
                              X