A Nice Holiday Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nice Holiday Abroad

I know it can be expensive to go abroad for a holiday, but if you're prepared to look around there are bargains to be had. My brother, sister in law, Laura and me had a weeks holiday in Playa Flamenca in Spain recently.

The total cost for the flights, a car for the week and a beatiful villa in a very nice location came to just just £320 a couple!

While we were there we found a lovely Chinese restaurant where for £7.50 a head you got a starter, main course, sweet, bottle of wine, a beer and a Schnapps! We also found a few bars that were selling Budweiser for 1 euro a bottle!

Below are a couple of pictures of the villa we rented.

In these hard times there are still some bargains to be had.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Yeah. but most people haven't a clue how to travel abroad cheaply so its down to the travel agent to be ripped off. H

Comment

All booked through T'Internet mate. Easyjet for the flights, Google for villa and car hire then it's just a matter of sifting through the results.

Only gripe was with the car hire. You get the car with a full tank and can take it back empty. Thing is they charge you extra for the fuel when you pick it up, on top of what you have already paid. 66 euros which was well over the odds (45 litre tank with diesel at 1 euro a litre).

We were only there a week and used just over a quarter of a tank, so the thieving so ands so's scored for around 45 euros! Next time we have it for a fornight, so lots of trips out planned to gobble up the juice!

Comment

I'm not impressed, wouldn't want to go, i like it here too much
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Your right Ian, weathers lovely here! Had to dig out my winter coat to go to the club last night, it was bluddy freezing! (And of course it was raining as well, surprise surprise!)

Comment

Working...
          X