20 Meg Broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Meg Broadband

Just had a letter from Virgin Media telling me I can upgrade from 10mb to 20mb broadband for an extra £4.00 a month. I don't really do a lot of major downloads, and half the time the speed is limited by the source speed i.e. if it can't send out any faster than say 4mb then I can't download at 20mb!

I know £4 a month isn't a lot more to pay but would there be any great benifit in upgrading?
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Unless you're doing lots of concurrent downloading, running high bandwidth apps or running multiple machines online simultaneously, no. Plus, upload speeds will still be as skanky.

Comment

I thought as much. Cheers Matt.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Why can't ISPs just give everyone the max speed broadband anyway???????
        It should be one price, max speed = happy Britain.

p.s. Why do we have to 'rent' the interweb anyway?

Comment

What p!sses me off is that you get a 10mb line and it runs fine WHEN everybody's at work/school but come the evening the performance nose dives cos the tight fisted batsards have a high contention ratio !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I live out in the sticks (ish) or rather too far from the exchange so my line is crap.....still fast enough at 2 meg though (which I get most of the time).....was only on 512 until six months ago....now that was not too good for online gaming.

Comment

do an online speed test and see what your actually getting out of your current 10mb because if your only getting 8mb then upgrading to 20mb only means you can upto 20mb its a sham to get more money off you for nothin

Comment

Working...
              X