New tyres required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres required

I require new tyres and although I would like to buy General Grabbers AT2 my budget does not stretch that far as the best price I have had for them is £440 although UHP come in at about £360 fitted so I am looking for road tyres as 98% of the time I am on the road and occasionaly I pull the caravan onto a field.
    At present I have Bridgestone Duellers AT all round on the vehicle with the front pair almost on the legal limit. Back ones have a couple thousand miles left on them.
    Can any one suggest a good road tyre for the Surf and where to buy it? Many thanks.

try 4x4tyres.com pop in the size your after an the list comes up with an on-offroad rating.

dunno how they compare on price but they seem reasonable..??

Comment

BFG Long Trails are best if you almost exclusively drive on the road. Not sure whether you could afford them or not.

Comment

insa turbo mountains, must have had mine getting on for 2 years and they look like new still. roundabout £280 to do all 4 corners, they're remoulds, yes, but no complaints here, i'd be putting em on again if they needed replacing.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

My budget is around £300 - £350 as unfortunately I am currently unemployed having been made redundant and money is in short supply!
          I may go for Bridgeston 689s but only two for the front end as they will be similar to those on the rear unless of course I can squeeze 4 into my budget.
          Nero I have never heard of Insa. Where did you get them from?

Comment

have you tried your local tire fitters......

We have one round here (tyre exchange i think it's called), top notch people

My dads terrano is going in a couple of weeks to get 4 new General Grabber AT2's tyres fitted and thats only costing 300qiud fitted tracked and wheels balanced, they've done various tyres for various different cars and 4x4's for us before, so were qiute happy to use them again.....
            If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

Hey Ian. Have you tried Millers on Spring lane? They're good lads and might do you a deal. They were competitive price-wise when I bought my BFGs, he just couldn't get hold of them!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I have set of Yokohama Geolanders AT tyres for sale if you're interested. Have got a few miles left on them- trouble is they're on a set of expensive Centerline alloys which you probably don't want?

Let me know if you're interested- I just need the space in my garage!

Comment

If they're 15's, they wont fit a 3rd gen anyway (just making the assumption they were on your 2nd gen?)
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

omg i lurve those wheels,how much?

Comment

Ooooooooh, give me second shout if they're at least 8" rims!!!!!!
                      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        way to bling for u

Comment

I believe they are Centerline Type 33 Full Polished alloys.

http://www.offroadmdg.co.uk/html/typ..._polished.html

Make me an offer. I was going to put them e-bay soon.

Comment

jock 15's or 16's?and im guessin all tyres are 3-4mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                              Fitted tyre size is 265/70 R15 if that helps?

Comment

Working...
                              X