Going for it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for it.....

I am not a mechanic. But i am going to have a go at replacing my front wheel bearings . I have had a look on here at how to do it.
    So i will order the parts tomorrow hopefully they will be here next week.
    Wish me luck because this could go badly wrong
    Live the dream.......

your parts were posted off so don't know if you got them yet or no.

Anyway be aware of the milners bearings as they have been known to be crap quaility and break up after a very short time.You are better off paying a bit more and getting them from Roughtrax
    Thats if your already getting them from there then forget what i just said
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will give them a ring in the morning.
      Live the dream.......

Comment

How about someone take a part number of the RT ones? I have some Milner ones in the garage, and I'm prepared to bet they are made by the same company (SKS?) and the general reason bearings give up is because of incorrect fitting / tightening.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          How about someone take a part number of the RT ones? I have some Milner ones in the garage, and I'm prepared to bet they are made by the same company (SKS?) and the general reason bearings give up is because of incorrect fitting / tightening.
          I know Tonyn had problems before with the milners ones but i don't know if they are the same ones now or not tho
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

got a bearing here from r/t andy [rear] its got optimal kg/lgb germany stamped on it ,6308 t , 0-389
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Don't forget to order a pair of new gaskets - as I did and then paid silly postage fees for a couple of bits of paper..

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                I know Tonyn had problems before with the milners ones but i don't know if they are the same ones now or not tho
                Ahhh, that explains it. He's bl00dy hopeless!!!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  Don't forget to order a pair of new gaskets - as I did and then paid silly postage fees for a couple of bits of paper..
                  OK will do. When I ring I will ask them to tell me what I need to do a proper job.
                  Live the dream.......

Comment

Originally posted by madison View Post
                    I am not a mechanic. But i am going to have a go at replacing my front wheel bearings . I have had a look on here at how to do it.
                    So i will order the parts tomorrow hopefully they will be here next week.
                    Wish me luck because this could go badly wrong

I was going to order the parts today. I thought I better see if I have the tools for the job. I have a 54mm socket, jack, stands.
                    The jack is to small the socket is to big for my pinch bare or socket set.
                    The stands are to small.
                    Am I biting more of then I can chew?
                    Last edited by madison; 11 May 2009, 16:19.
                    Live the dream.......

Comment

Working...
                    X