Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting

Dunno what I am supposed to post here, but it seems to be the only place I can post.
    Advice please?

Originally posted by Rax View Post
    Dunno what I am supposed to post here, but it seems to be the only place I can post.
    Advice please?
    Welcome.

As per the insruction on the confirmation email. All first time posts posted in the new user section. Post will then be moderated and moved to the correct section, this is to help eliminate the spam and spammers on the forum.

Your post has now been moderated and moved and you can now post in any section on the forum.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Welcome Rax, dont worry it gets worse as ya go along
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi n Welcome I see ya made the first Hurdle Ok, now the sky's the limit !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse Rax

and the Toyota 4runner/surf world!

hope you have as much fun with my 4runner as I did and your landy's dont get too jealous!

It likes a regular dose of mud and offroad,
          if i find anymore spare parts in garage I will give you a shout.

andy
          Last edited by andycook; 7 May 2009, 12:00.
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
            hope you have as much fun with my 4runner as I did and your landy's dont get too jealous!

It likes a regular dose of mud and offroad,
            if i find anymore spare parts in garage I will give you a shout.

andy
            Am I supposed to admit to owning a Landy or two on this forum? Surely that sort of thing gets you a horse-whipping!

Neil's landy is getting fixed at the garage as we speak, so hope to be doing some mud plugging soon. Then I'll be able to pull him out when he gets stuck!

Comment

welcome to the forum mate
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

i think the guys might let you get away with it? since the landys are in bits!?

on subject of recovery, I've just ordered 4 new HD recovery hooks for the landcruiser (same as the front two on the 4runner, which are rated 8000lbs each),
                I didn't realize a new towball/jaw is £50... (but doesnt fit with my bike carrier mount anyway)
                you should get a new HD pin for the towball/jaw i gave you and fit it on towbar instead of the 50mm ball setup on it at moment, as they are much better/safer for rear recovery than just looping a shackle or tow-strop over a a 50mm towball - which can fly off and cause serious damage/injury in a recovery

when you find some good local 4x4 play-area let me know!
                Landcruiser Colorado
                Sub. Forester

Comment

I didn't realize a new towball/jaw is £50... (but doesnt fit with my bike carrier mount anyway)
                  you should get a new HD pin for the towball/jaw i gave you and fit it on towbar instead of the 50mm ball setup on it at moment, as they are much better/safer for rear recovery than just looping a shackle or tow-strop over a a 50mm towball - which can fly off and cause serious damage/injury in a recovery
                  Any idea where I might be able to get one?

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse ......beware the squirrel
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

"Any idea where I might be able to get one?"

http://www.autow.co.uk/towbars/pinballs_prices_182.html
                      ripoff mind you at £24 for a pin!

otherwise a scrappy or ebay "hitch pins" you want one rated 2.3 - 3.5 tonnes though!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tow-Hitch-Pin-...QQcmdZViewItem

or
                      http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/Pro...IN-1-14-X-6-12

you need the type with a locking pin at the bottom!

not sure of diameter of hole in that towbar i gave you though

for the front end, i had a short 2-3m towing strop with hooks or shackles that i used on both the front recovery hooks to spread the load, this attached to my longer 8m 10tonne towing strop
                      Last edited by andycook; 7 May 2009, 16:40.
                      Landcruiser Colorado
                      Sub. Forester

Comment

for the front end, i had a short 2-3m towing strop with hooks or shackles that i used on both the front recovery hooks to spread the load, this attached to my longer 8m 10tonne towing strop
                        I picked one up at an autojumble at the weekend for £1. However it looks a bit chunky so I'll test it later. If it doesn't fit Mole Valley looks the place to go.
                        I'll have to look through my box of strops and see if I have one with a loop either end. I'm sure I can rig something up if not. I know that I have a rope with two loops on either end - 2 inch diameter rope found when beachcombing. Looks pretty strong - only one way to test it though!

Comment

Working...
                        X