Not Happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Happy

Well i reluctantly sold the Surf this afternoon to a very nice man who promised he would love it....let it go a bit cheaper as we didn't want to miss the bmw

....Went to pick it up this evening and hubby remembered he hadn't checked the oil when we looked at it on sunday so pulled the dipstick out and it was covered in whitey browny creamy gunk. Wiped it and dipped it agin a couple of times and lots more appeared on the stick

I assume it has head gasket issues

Sellers answer "All cars have a bit of gunk in the sump - nothing to worry abou - it has a full bmw service history so can't possibly have any problems"

As you can imagine we walked away very quickly

Not a happy bunny

Wonder if he'll sell me my surfy back........
    Save earth...it's the only planet with chocolate

thank goodness you found out before handing over the dosh and driving off!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
      thank goodness you found out before handing over the dosh and driving off!
      Very true

Although i would have taken it back and mowed him down with it for almost 4 grand lol

Comment

Well, you're lucky - I had my car for a week before it showed signs of head death, but I got a refund then a proper car....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

as said above u were lucky,may have tried to hide it too,just count yrself lucky,plus it will make u go over the next car with a fine tooth coombe

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            as said above u were lucky,may have tried to hide it too,just count yrself lucky,plus it will make u go over the next car with a fine tooth coombe
            You're absolutely right i will go over the next one with a fine tooth coombe

Now where did i put my hair brooshe

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post

Is that near Castle Combe?

Comment

Working...
              X