just a moan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a moan

Well had the truck nearly for 2 yrs now and must say its been good with very little probs..... but now they seem to have all come at once

Big power steering leak
    2 ball joints , upper and lower
    loose wheel bearing
    Air con not working
    Viscous fan
    Brakes even worse than they should be
    2 screws in 2 tyres
    And very very loose steering which could be idler arm but 3 garages cant seem to find the exact problem.........
    The joys of motoring eh

sorry to hear mate...
    just thought I give u a chin up...
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
      Well had the truck nearly for 2 yrs now and must say its been good with very little probs..... but now they seem to have all come at once

Big power steering leak
      2 ball joints , upper and lower
      loose wheel bearing
      Air con not working
      Viscous fan
      Brakes even worse than they should be
      2 screws in 2 tyres
      And very very loose steering which could be idler arm but 3 garages cant seem to find the exact problem.........
      The joys of motoring eh
      the loose steering is more than likely the ball joints if they are shot, so you can kill two birds with one stone there
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Chin up Buddy it only seems as they all come together .... 1 repair might solve a few issues ....
        Just blown my yearly repair budget (in comparison to my old Trucks repair bill) replacing the top n Bottom swivels both sides just the other day n glad I did ...
        When I first jacked the Truck up I notice there was loads O play n thought "there's a lotta play in wheel bearing" turned out all the play was in all the swivels, n this is six month on from an MOT & 3 months on from my Toyota recall for Steering relay rod replacement + a 101 Vehicle Check ....no mention.
        I don't want to scaremonger but a while ago there was a Post by Marky, not the only one I think on turd gen's n wheel collapse (Swivel/s).....
        Please folks air on the side of caution !!! swivels on any vehicle can fail ....
        take it easy out there n be a Safe n Happy Trucker too !!!!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well, just been speaking to mechanic, who will do the BJ's , idler arm and tighten the wheel bearing for 70 notes......So inc parts £180 all in, not to bad, So just gotta get the nerve up to taking the PS pump out and doing the seals and finding so viscous oil from somewhere other than Toyota who want £20 + for 50ml ( arsehol*s)
          Anybody know where its available cheaper ??

Comment

I'd steer clear of any mechanic who does BJ's for 70 quid.

Comment

..... i knew someone was gonna come out with that and i knew i should have reworded it

Comment

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
                and finding so viscous oil from somewhere other than Toyota who want £20 + for 50ml ( arsehol*s)
                Anybody know where its available cheaper ??
                R/C airplane/model shops. They stock the stuff for some reason, (can't remember what, offhand).

Comment

Oh ......and now to top it off, one of my batteries is split !!! Fecks sake

Comment

Working...
                  X