Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotlights??? opinions please...

Hi Guys...

What color lens would you go for on spot lights?

Blue or clear??

Cheers
    Brood
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Clear, not chavvy blue.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Clear, not chavvy blue.
      I'm working hard to de-bling my surf.... but performance wise... doesn't blue have better performance in the night than clear...

ps i'm thinking of changing the stock 55w bulbs for 130w ones... too for some decent light

Comment

Upgrade the wiring for brighter lights, the stock wiring is too thin which is why Surfs have dim headlights.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...OnLineOrdering

Dunno if the blue lights are better, I think they just give a more 'whiter' light so they seem brighter.

Comment

Upgrade the wiring for brighter lights, the stock wiring is too thin which is why Surfs have dim headlights.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...OnLineOrdering

Dunno if the blue lights are better, I think they just give a more 'whiter' light so they seem brighter.
          xenon lights are better and give off a slightly blue light. Just having blue bulbs doesn't do anything useful.

Comment

what i really meant was... which one?

or

sorry for the confusion

ps my headlights are fine for the moment...

Comment

Same answer as post #2.

Comment

Same answer as post #2.
                yep

Comment

Thanks for opinions guys

it settles it then clear lens it be... now i just need to to fit 4 on my bull bar... somehow
                  Last edited by 00Brood; 5 May 2009, 23:03.

Comment

Neither - I've had them chrome plated ones and they rusted in a few months!!
                    spend the extra and get stainless steel - they'll look good and last a life time!

I had clear originally as I hated the blue type. when my chrome ones rusted - I wanted stainless steel but unable to find clear so settled for the pale blue type. to be honest I like to blue now - but my truck is dark blue so it goes quite well.
                    when they're on the light emitted is not coloured at all - just pure white.
                    I've uprated my wiring and fitted those pure white lamps (100w) tinted blue.
                    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
                      Neither - I've had them chrome plated ones and they rusted in a few months!!
                      spend the extra and get stainless steel - they'll look good and last a life time!

I had clear originally as I hated the blue type. when my chrome ones rusted - I wanted stainless steel but unable to find clear so settled for the pale blue type. to be honest I like to blue now - but my truck is dark blue so it goes quite well.
                      when they're on the light emitted is not coloured at all - just pure white.
                      I've uprated my wiring and fitted those pure white lamps (100w) tinted blue.
                      Where abouts did you get the stainless steel ones from?? and do they cost a arm and a leg...

Comment

Actually they're not all that expensive around £40-50 ish from ebay

like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-4X4-Stainless-Steel-6-Spot-Lamps-Wipac_W0QQitemZ400028143551QQc mdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_V ehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4 00028143551&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A 2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1 318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294% 3A50

sorry i don't know how to create a linky thingy!!
                        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

I've got ProComp 130W stainless ones. Pretty damn good. Think they were something like £70 - £80 each, but they've been on the truck for 3 years and still look new.

Re. Xenon, Krypton, Halogen and even feckin-bazillion - they're all just gases they fill an ordinary lamp with and are pretty much of a muchness. If you want serious light output, you need HIDs. They will cost an arm and a leg though.

At t'end of the day, you really dont need to light the road 2 miles ahead when your truck cant move much faster than continental drift. Beam pattern is much more important - which you'll find when offroading at night.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            I've got ProComp 130W stainless ones. Pretty damn good. Think they were something like £70 - £80 each, but they've been on the truck for 3 years and still look new.

Re. Xenon, Krypton, Halogen and even feckin-bazillion - they're all just gases they fill an ordinary lamp with and are pretty much of a muchness. If you want serious light output, you need HIDs. They will cost an arm and a leg though.

At t'end of the day, you really dont need to light the road 2 miles ahead when your truck cant move much faster than continental drift. Beam pattern is much more important - which you'll find when offroading at night.
                            that is soooooooo true....

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

u can get hid kits on ebay for under a hundred quid now

Comment

Working...
                              X