Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it I'm off

To Scotland that is.

All being well, tomorrow morning I should watch the sunrise over the Scotish countryside. Usual middle of nowhere, no reception, limited facilities campsite.

Now be nice while I'm gone.

Of course remembering the trucks' track record, where she has come back from Scotland on a low loader more times than under her own power, I may be back sonner than planned.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Have a good time old bean
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Have a great time Duane, ya might find some of the guys some help on the www.scottishmudclub.com

There's always a Payback.... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
      Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 5 May 2009, 19:57.
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ha ha ha thought you were throwin a strop then too. Lol - have a great time.
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Have a good time.

Comment

Well I'm back.

15 pages of general chat to go through, thank god I'm at work today so I've got plenty of time.

No use of a low loader to get home this time, but fot the first time ever she did get a bit hot (according to the engine block sensor, not the useless factory fitted thing that doesn't move of middle). So before next years outing I think I'll get rounf to the tranny cooler, and maybe an intercooler (if my insurance lets me).

Right back to the reading now.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

All up to date now.
              That took care of some of the morning
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Intercooler wont make it run any cooler really. If anything, because of the potential increase in power, it could conceivably run slightly hotter.

Just try venting it by raising the rear of the bonnet by 1/2" or so?

Tranny cooler definitely does cool things down a bit when under load though.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I was thinking that with an intercooler there'd be a bit more power, reducing the strain on the engine (remember Scotland has loads of hills(we'd call them mountains) and I tow). Also the people who have fitted a 'cooler have fitted a body lift so it fits under the bonnet which I believe allows greater air flow around the transmission tunnel. Finally there'd be a scoop allowing more air under the bonnet.

That was my thinking. In your opinion would I be on the right line of thought, or abandon it and just fit cosworth bonnett vents, and raise the back of the bonnet?

With the transmission cooler of course, that will deffinately fitted before next year, and if she's lucky a nice new radiator (mines showing it's age and patching now).
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

To put it in context. I have a temperature probe on the engine block, mounted to an alarm that sounds if she goes above a set (by me) temperature.
                    Normal around home driving it registers about 77c.
                    Motorway not towing is between 88c and 90c.
                    Motorway towing is about 91 to 96c.
                    This time after an extremely long straight she hit 99c, and I had to slipstream a truck (far enougth back to get airflow, but close enougth for him to make a decent hole in the wind for me) for a while to get it back to normal.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

where did you get the temp probe and where did you place it? Sounds a good mod to do
                      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by captain_chaos View Post
                        where did you get the temp probe and where did you place it? Sounds a good mod to do
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ENGINE-WATCHDOG-TM2-CAR-OVERHEATING-GAUGE-SENSOR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ140323721202QQc mdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_A ccessories?hash=item20abf20ff2 &_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparm s=72%3A1121|66%3A2|65%3A12|39% 3A2|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1 |294%3A24

It is an excellent mod to do, as it doesn't monitor coolent temperature (which didn't go up when the stat jammed, thus cracking my head many years ago). You can see it changing with the driving stlye, so you know when to back off a bit.

Apache, does my intercooler idea (with the extra mods nessesary) make sense to you?
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                        X