import duty threshold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import duty threshold?

Seem to remember someone stateing what it was! that is the point at which ya get hammered for duty above a certain price, just like to check before ordering summat from the states, got caught last time, robbing gits
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

You pay VAT if the value is more than £18 and you pay import duty if the value is greater than £105.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

what is it?
      how big and heavy is it as i may be able to get a surf train going for you if it can be carried, as my other half is heading out there in a few months.
      Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

OK Cheers, well it's another hilux kit value is approx £23 +£8 shipping so i guess i'll get hammered for VAT if i'm unlucky
        Dixie! thanks for the offer but it's ok, vat wont be too bad on that, plust it's via ebay so need to do "buy it now" thanks tho,

Comment

Your are hardly getting "hammered" by paying VAT!
          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
            Your are hardly getting "hammered" by paying VAT!
            Really? you think not, hammered may be a bit OTT for this particular purchase but overall i think we pay way too much via VAT, after all you pay tax on your earnings, you pay tax on what you buy, should you be lucky enough to have any you pay tax on your saveings, and you pay tax when you kick the bucket, all this on top of tax you pay for vehicles, fuel, gas, electric you name it and you think this is OK?

Comment

Working...
            X