• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
    yet again you managed to show that I commented badly
    It's an unfortunate knack I possess.

Originally posted by fatfires View Post
    I also think that 'I am sorry' is used as a throw away remark and all is expected to be hunky dorey afterwards
    Total agreement on that one. Totally gets on my t1ts does that. Some lying, two faced useless shitehole says 'sorry' and people bl00dy well believe them, and they expect as such. One honestly feels like saying:

I'm sorry, but if you weren't such a two-faced, lying, useless, back-stabbing piece of shite who has obviously no regard for anyone but themselves, you wouldn't be in this position to start with. Also, why would one believe a lying git when they do indeed say they're sorry?

Obviously, however, most people do seem to be thick enough to actually believe the apology is sincere. Does that mean I can say I possess a Buddhist like temperament and people will believe me?

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Does anyone have a pic of this offending recall bit then?
        and i stand by what i said, dealers are a bunch of lieing cheating scumbags, they get away with this "we found this extra problem that needs doing, it'll be hundreds" as most people dont know one end of their veh from the other, so 90% will just say "well if it needs doing better get on with it"
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I used their free 'safety' report as a guide for my local garage many months later at MOT time

By now they must be heading into a loss with me, all the $£%^%^^ mailshots I get

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            its the bar that connect the two wheels together, the tie rod ends are fixed to each end, and it is fixed to the pitman arm one end, and idler arm the other end. Hence to argument about the idler arm.

the failure point is one of the tapered holes that the ball joints go in. cos these are under spreading load due to the taper on the ball joint stud, if you have aweak point in the casting under any extra pressure, ie an accident or large pot hole, it'll break, leaving you with front wheels pointing in opposite directions

I understand from the all knowing 'net, failures have only occured after a front end smash, but it was still enough to get Toyota to sort it out worldwide, even on old cars.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

and i stand by what i said, dealers are a bunch of lieing cheating scumbags, they get away with this "we found this extra problem that needs doing, it'll be hundreds" as most people dont know one end of their veh from the other, so 90% will just say "well if it needs doing better get on with it"
              I will try and get a picture of it tomorrow for you, as it's new you can see it clearly against the rest of the car.

Comment

still aint had mine checked or done, and not even sure of which bit is actually suspect, anyone got any pic's of it?
                Her ya go this may help Ian

There's always a Payback ....Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 2 May 2009, 22:51.
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks Guys, much wiser now, better give em a call i think and get it sorted, i'd perfer to do it myself but dont suppose they'd give me the part, sorry but just dont trust dealers,

BTW you dont have to feel gratefull to toyota for replaceing this on an old vehicle FOC, they aint doing it out the kindness of their hearts, it's more to do with avoiding multi million dollar law suits,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X