Repossesed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repossesed

Well the saying goes it comes in threes. Last week my daughters car was reversed into by a taxi driver, my wife had her handbag stolen now to top it offmy daughters car has been repossesed for non payment of a loan taken out by the previous owner. She bought the car from her driving instructor after she passed her test (not in this car this was his own private motor) thought she could trust him so didn't get it hpi checked. It turns out his girlfriend had borrowed £3500 on it and only paid £1500 back. The bloke wont answer his phone and has left the firm he worked for got an address for him but police not interested and we can't find a solicitor who will take the case on for us either might have to go round and knock on his door myself. Anyone here had this happen if so how did you sort it?

Originally posted by Leodis View Post
    Well the saying goes it comes in threes. Last week my daughters car was reversed into by a taxi driver, my wife had her handbag stolen now to top it offmy daughters car has been repossesed for non payment of a loan taken out by the previous owner. She bought the car from her driving instructor after she passed her test (not in this car this was his own private motor) thought she could trust him so didn't get it hpi checked. It turns out his girlfriend had borrowed £3500 on it and only paid £1500 back. The bloke wont answer his phone and has left the firm he worked for got an address for him but police not interested and we can't find a solicitor who will take the case on for us either might have to go round and knock on his door myself. Anyone here had this happen if so how did you sort it?
    Small claims is your best bet if you know his address. I presume you got a receipt for the payment.

Comment

She did get a receipt but can't find it however looking at the paperwork she has the car was registered in his girlfriends name. The loan is in another name same first name different surname and same address. She has sevice bills dating back to when the car was first bought and in among it is a sales receipt to a bloke with called David at the same address as the girlfriend he has the same surname as the woman on the loan agreement. The driving instructor is also called Dave but a different surname at the same address it sounds like too much of a coincidence to be to have 2 couples with the same first names living in the same house I would have thought this was an obvious case of fraud but no one seems to want to deal with it police are about as much use as a pajero ie you occasionally see one they look quite smart but dont actually seem to perform very well.

Comment

Local Citizens Advice Bureau?
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Go back to the Police and tell them you want it investigating, if they fob you of ask for badge no and name and the forms for a formal complaint, and to see a senior officer. Alot of people use this ruse, they rent a place stack up credit cards loans etc using false names or maiden names, check with the finance company, because if it was a personal loan and not secured on the car, they must return it and apologise, some companys will do this as not alot of people realise that if the loan is not secured ie hire purchase, that the finance company can take it back, they cannot, its ilegal for them to do this,
          The police have to investigate any allegation of fraud, so make a fuss.
          Hope this helps.
          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Working...
          X