3rd gen roof bars-Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen roof bars-Help!!

Just bought some roof bars from Ski Drive, thule kit 761 bars, 1064 fitting kit, 750 foot kit---BUT THEY DO NOT FIT THE ROOF RAILS ON THE TOP OF THE CAR.They have to clamp onto the car body.
    Thule say they do not manufacture any other roof bar system for this model import.
    Roughtrax do a complete kit that fits the 3rd gen roof rails, £135 delivered. They say their kit is Thule but would not disclose the part No's that they supply.They would not sell me the "missing" items.

So it's either return everything to Ski drive and pay courier or find out what part No's roughtrax supply.

HELP?......................... ....................

Originally posted by kevinturner100 View Post
    Just bought some roof bars from Ski Drive, thule kit 761 bars, 1064 fitting kit, 750 foot kit---BUT THEY DO NOT FIT THE ROOF RAILS ON THE TOP OF THE CAR.They have to clamp onto the car body.
    Thule say they do not manufacture any other roof bar system for this model import.
    Roughtrax do a complete kit that fits the 3rd gen roof rails, £135 delivered. They say their kit is Thule but would not disclose the part No's that they supply.They would not sell me the "missing" items.

So it's either return everything to Ski drive and pay courier or find out what part No's roughtrax supply.

HELP?......................... ....................
    I'd send the stuff back and have a scan on ebay for the correct bars for the Surf....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Tried that first but to no avail, there wasnt anything suitable for the roof rails

Comment

Try this thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...gen+roof+rails

Comment

if you're talking about t-tracks on the roof, give joker?? a PM, he has thule bars fitted to the t-tracks on his 3rd gen, so might be able to help with the part numbers. i think it's 4700 and 4710 for the footpack & fitting kit, but not 100% sure.

if it's got roofrails it should be just one of the universal footpacks 755 or 775 depending on the thickness of the bar.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Ok cheers for that. I have looked on a few Aussie sites and youre right, the 4700/4710 is listed for the '97 4runner with t profile rails so this may fit.

Will try them, if not jst take them bk and get money back

Comment

I've posted the full details on here twice but I can't damn well find them !

I think I've got the list on my home PC so I'll have a look tonight (If the kids haven't crashed it again)

The one thing I do remember is that you'll need 8 unistrut channel nuts (known as zebedees) to replace the Thule nuts (They're not big enough to provide a secure fixing in the T tracks)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I copied this from this site a while back :

TU4700 Thule Rapid system tracker feet (4) no.4700 £45.06
                TU4715 Thule Rapid system tracker adapter kit no.4715 £25.49 or maybe 4710
                TU861 Thule Rapid System 120cm aerobars no.861 £38.30

UNISTRUT M6 channel nuts, 8 in total £1.68

Prices may well have gone up , when dont they !
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I think your right with the part No's there, all seems to be pointing to that.

i will see what predictable bob says also,

Most appreciated everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X