No announcement yet.

Insurance Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy to be part of anything that saves us money!!! Best we exclude our modified "creations" though and just include the Bullet or they'll all be running for cover!!!

NFU used to covered modified trucks, but stopped doing new policies a while back.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Definately worth a try,keep us posted on this one Craig.
      Powered by ????

Comment

Idea Update

Have spoke to several companies over the last couple of days and what a ?????? nightmare !!!!!!!!!!!! all they are interested in is MONEY ( der like we didn’t know that already ). Tried to explain that loads of business could possibly come there way if they meet certain needs from us ( group discounts etc but general concession from them is why should we ? ) most are big companies who don’t seem interested or want to know. Ok no surprise there but i though it was a good idea, i will keep trying and see if somebody from a decent insurance company wants to listen.
        craig
        3RD GEN 3.0TD 1996 SSR-X BLUE OVER SILVER

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Surfer
          After reading ( not for the first time ) problem’s with Surfs and insurance company’s especially what’s covered and what’s not ! - mods – windows, bars, stereos, and how they can get out of paying for bits and pieces etc etc etc how about this for an idea ?

We as a group contact one company and get put in place a special insurance premium just for us, with want we want on it to suit us all.

OK now your all thinking is this guy crazy ( maybe a little ) but im not sure how many owners there are or who would be interested but I bet a company with say 50 plus sets of new business would SIT UP AND LISTEN and give us a package that suits us, probable with some really good SAVINGS.

Just an idea worth thinking about maybe, not sure how it could happen or the logistics but it seemed a good idea at the time.

PS

I AM NOT AN ISURANCE COMPANY HONEST

Craig
          HI Craig.
          Been in touch with an insurance company to renew the bike policy, noticed that they also insure imports and offer discounts of between 10 & 15 % on insurance for clubs members. They are also very reasonably priced on the quote I have from them.
          The company is 'Bike sure' (bikesure.co.uk) and their tel no is 08700 771377.
          There is no one there till monday morning to talk to about this, but they will need a contact of 'the club' to post a details pack to.

Hope this helps Craig

PS, I am not connected in any way to this or any other insurance company, just in case anyone asks.

Fish
          If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Not Giveing Up

Hi Fish
            Club is a bad bad word in the world of insurance company’s ( ok not all as i haven’t spoke to all of them ) but the 1ns i have are not interested.
            i think if it was not an import we are talking about it would possibly be easier.
            even companies that do imports ( taken from a list on this forum ) find ways around not wanting to play ball.
            i wont give up and am learning as i go along about wot to ask and wot not 2.
            next week time permitting i will call around some more and see wots wot out there.
            it would be nice to see that a company would be interested in a plan to suit us SURFERS at a good discounted level, fingers x u never know.
            craig

Comment

The clubs listed on their web include jap imports, ie mitsi FTO's so maybe these will be different.

Good luck Craig

Fish

Comment

nfu

nope they don't do imports unless it's very new, tried the nfu for wife's 93 surf but despite spending loads wiv them on horse and trailer insurance they whern't intersted Tesco's gave me the best deal-dunno about club points tho
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I]Poloman[/I][/FONT]

Comment

these are good www.lifesure.co.uk and competative ( my SURF is with them ) 1996 best quote and a bit more established than tesco ! and one or 2 more of the less disirables, waiting to here back from one of their brokers about doing us a deal, you never know maybe they will.
                  craig

Comment

Just a futher bit of info for you . Most , if not all , of Tesco , AA , Abbey , Halifax ,Sainsbury etc are Brokers for major Insurance companys and your Tesco or what ever is covered by NU or Directline ( examples only , not confirmed ) so yes , you get a good deal but you are acctually underwritten by one of the 'BIG BOYS ' .

So trying to get a deal with someone like that will just revert back to the same underwritter .
                    I am for you guys to get a good deal but I fear it will not happen unless you go ' Club' which is a very risky set up . Too much like Commitees etc .
                    This is only my opinion , so please do not take it the wrong way . I have to deal with Motor Insurance allday long so do not relish in posting about it .

Rick
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

just a quickie.
                      why is being a club a bad idea ?

Comment

just a quickie.
                        why is being a club a bad idea ?
                        True. Why cant we be a web based club, dont need to meet only need to be on line to sort any so called club issues out once a month. We do all that clubs do except we dont have a defined base and commitee structure. What is stopping those of us willing to put a little effort into it, to be a virtual club and any forum member or visitor then able to reap some benifit from what we can do, even if it is a mere £5 saving on their insurance, beter in our pockets than going to an insurance companys coffers.
                        I would be willing to help if req, in an on line club.

Fish

Comment

Insurance Update - Possibly Good News

Have spoke to Lifesure today ( NIG Underwriters ) have explained various scenarios about what we would like, what we really want, who we are.
                          The basic outcome is this.

If we as a group of people ( not a club ) are willing to insure on the same day, and meet certain criteria such as:

1, over 30 years old
                          2, clean licences
                          3, no claims
                          4, have to declare all mods ( even little ones )

Normal stuff really as going it alone would be, we would also get individual insurance just like now but with the added benefit of between 15% to 20% discount ( not bad hey )

ok some problems would need to be sorted out like picking a day and all renewing or changing over companies etc but it CAN BE DONE if there was enough interest.

i think its worth looking into, what do you all think ?

craig

Comment

Have spoke to Lifesure today ( NIG Underwriters ) have explained various scenarios about what we would like, what we really want, who we are.
                            The basic outcome is this.

If we as a group of people ( not a club ) are willing to insure on the same day, and meet certain criteria such as:

1, over 30 years old
                            2, clean licences
                            3, no claims
                            4, have to declare all mods ( even little ones )

Normal stuff really as going it alone would be, we would also get individual insurance just like now but with the added benefit of between 15% to 20% discount ( not bad hey )

ok some problems would need to be sorted out like picking a day and all renewing or changing over companies etc but it CAN BE DONE if there was enough interest.

i think its worth looking into, what do you all think ?

craig
                            You will need to count me out Craig,I have had a claim against me this year.