Re Siting Drivers Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Siting Drivers Seat

Hi All I am looking to get some more legroom as I am 6FT 1 and find it a bit uncomfortable on long journeys so I am toying with the idea of removing the seat mountings from the floor and refitting them further back to give me more room. Simple in theory but probably not in practice! Has anyone tried this? Or is there an alternative solution I am missing out on. Cheers in Advance.
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...tml#SeatHeight
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I did this and it works out pretty good. However you can do it for free with some heavy duty metal tubing to save messing about with washers & ordering things. Seems to work fine and no difference in comfort... 1 inch didn't really do that much though and i think i did about 1.5" if i remember right ... seat works fine too.. just got to do the other side now....
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
        I did this and it works out pretty good. However you can do it for free with some heavy duty metal tubing to save messing about with washers & ordering things. Seems to work fine and no difference in comfort... 1 inch didn't really do that much though and i think i did about 1.5" if i remember right ... seat works fine too.. just got to do the other side now....
        Cheers Guys but Thats not what I am after I want leg room ie Drivers Seat to go further back, the height is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN View Post
          Cheers Guys but Thats not what I am after I want leg room ie Drivers Seat to go further back, the height is fine.
          Jeez you must have long legs I'm 6'3" and have more than enough leg rooom in my 2nd gen, are you sure the seat is moving to it's full extension and not binding up on the runners ?

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
            Jeez you must have long legs I'm 6'3" and have more than enough leg rooom in my 2nd gen, are you sure the seat is moving to it's full extension and not binding up on the runners ?
            snap,im same

Comment

Yep it def is but I have a 35" inside Leg so they are long..lol

Comment

Have you tried adjusting the seat so that the bottom slopes up towards the front more? I found that made it a lot more comfy and seemingly more comfy. I am only 5'10" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                  Have you tried adjusting the seat so that the bottom slopes up towards the front more? I found that made it a lot more comfy and seemingly more comfy. I am only 5'10" though.
                  Yep tried that Mate but it does not make much difference I reckon I need about an extra 3" on the legroom as I said have checked the runners and they go all the way back there is nothing blocking them etc. It does not bother me on Short Runs but on long ones of 75 miles and over its a grueller!

Comment

Working...
                  X