Need To Borrow Some Wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping near Barmouth?

The big sites along the coast between Barmouth and Llanbedr are very commercial and busy. There is a little site just out of Talsarnau towards Porthmadog which used to look very nice. Sort of set back from the road in a little valley.

The top part of Harlech is nice, with a pretty impressive castle - though you've probably already been there, and Porthmadog is worth a look, as is Pwllheli. Other visitable places? Betws-y-coed, Harlech beach, but dont go where everyone else goes! Heading out of LLanbedr towards Harlech, the road will rise up to the top of the cliff overlooking the South end of Harlech beach. If you take the turn on the left towards Llandanwg, and park on the left, walk back to the road you just turned off (A496) there is a footpath down the cliff (safe, its fenced) and the beach you get to is always quiet even in the middle of summer. It is also one of the best beaches you find. Shallow and safe with clean sand and rockpools, and sheltered from breeze by the cliff behind you. If you go to the main part of the beach, you'll be charged to park, and will be faced with hordes of 'yow yows'.

If you type Llanfair, Harlech, Gwynedd into google maps, it will take you to the area I'm on about. You can just make out the path. The bit you need to aim for is the very south end of the sandy part of the beach. You can just about see the path zig-zagging down the cliff.

I used to fly radio controlled gliders off that cliff
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Here's a pic of the view from the top of the path.

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Does'nt have to be near barmouth, just in general really, not big town centres though cos she will be dragging me round the shops all day.

We prefer the more scenic places, mountains, rivers, lakes, that sort of thing but in wales i supose there is load of places like that.

Will definatly head to the places you've mentioned though, mind you we only have a week so don't want to be traveling for 90% of it.

Thanks for the info mate.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Here's a pic of the view from the top of the path.

Oh yes, that will do nicely.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X