Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need To Borrow Some Wheels.

As the title says.

Im gunna get my wheels repainted shortly but that would mean the truck being off road for a possible 3 days while they are being done.

My truck is my work horse & 3 days without it would cost me too much so was wondering if anybody in the area would be willing to loan me a set while mine are in the paint shop.

Of course i will pay a daily hire fee for them, as long as they are 16" with legal tyres.

Thanks in advance.
    Si.
    Last edited by si tate; 27 April 2009, 23:53.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

I'm not in the area, but you could borrow my muds (on 16") if you can get em. No need for payment, a few beers would do
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      I'm not in the area, but you could borrow my muds (on 16") if you can get em. No need for payment, a few beers would do
      Where abouts are you mate?

Comment

Sitting on a bomb...

Or in Malvern, about 25 miles south of Brumingham.

Comment

OOOOH thats a bit too far out for me.

Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

i got a set of stock wheels you can lend if you fancy a mooch down to N.Wales. Could come out with us one wkend an pick em up then..??

Comment

Si, Got some 15's if you get really stuck for wheels,
              (will 15's fit your truck ?) there here any way.

Gman.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by an1mal_69 View Post
                i got a set of stock wheels you can lend if you fancy a mooch down to N.Wales. Could come out with us one wkend an pick em up then..??
                Im going to wales in july for a weeks camping "barmouth", only thing is i won't get them in the truck with all the camping gear & the dog.
                Thanks anyway mate.
                Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                Si, Got some 15's if you get really stuck for wheels,
                (will 15's fit your truck ?) there here any way.

Gman.
                I knew someone close to home would hear my cry, only thing is 15" deffo won't fit over brakes.

Always the case though mate, cheers all the same.

Comment

Si
                  I have got a spare set of 3rd gen wheels you can lend I live in Congleton, Cheshire

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
                    Si
                    I have got a spare set of 3rd gen wheels you can lend I live in Congleton, Cheshire
                    That would be great, would probably need them for a week, pick up on a sunday & drop off the following sunday if that would be ok, "hate being stuck in rush hour traffic"
                    Just checked where you are on multimap & your only about an hour or so away.

What you wanting for the hire charge.

Comment

Si

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                        Im going to wales in july for a weeks camping "barmouth"
                        Lived there for a few years, before moving ten miles up the road to Harlech.

There are some excellent green lanes just across the estuary from Barmouth

Comment

Lived there for a few years, before moving ten miles up the road to Harlech.

There are some excellent green lanes just across the estuary from Barmouth
                          Went for the first time last year & loved it.

I could quite easily move to wales.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                            Went for the first time last year & loved it.I could quite easily move to wales.
                            Having lived in that bit of Wales for 11 years, I definitely wouldn't!

That bit is too insular, and absolutely, totally deadsville in the winter. Pubs, restaurants, even a lot of shops close in September and dont open again til April.

OK, its lovely in the summer, but its really crap in the winter!

Comment

Having lived in that bit of Wales for 11 years, I definitely wouldn't!

That bit is too insular, and absolutely, totally deadsville in the winter. Pubs, restaurants, even a lot of shops close in September and dont open again til April.

OK, its lovely in the summer, but its really crap in the winter!
                              Must admit it was a bit quiet even in july.

We'll probably do a bit of a tour this year instead of sticking to one area, can you recomend any good places to stay/camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X