My new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy

Bought this yesterday and pick it up Thursday just in time for truckfest. Laden weight of 1700Kg hope the truck will pull it ok. Never owned one before don't even know how everything works
    monstercreations.org.uk

Ahhhhhhh a tin snail
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Ahhhhhhh a tin snail
      Not with a V8 pulling it
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

niice bet that cost a fair bit,and it is fun working everything out,need any pointers give me bell,yr main fun will be figuring out the control panel inside,getting the battery to charge if it comes with one,then figuring out the heating and water,oh then theres the awning

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Not with a V8 pulling it

thats going to be a big drop bracket for the tow bar
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            niice bet that cost a fair bit,and it is fun working everything out,need any pointers give me bell,yr main fun will be figuring out the control panel inside,getting the battery to charge if it comes with one,then figuring out the heating and water,oh then theres the awning
            Thanks for that I am going to take the generator just in case and charging the batterys is a must gotta keep my beer cold. Oh yeah it was 15k.

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
            thats going to be a big drop bracket for the tow bar
            Yeah my mate is going to pull it to truckfest with his transit he gonna look like a right pikey. Luke has 3 Lame Rover drop brackets welded together to pull his, think I will need similair.
            monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
              Thanks for that I am going to take the generator just in case and charging the batterys is a must gotta keep my beer cold. Oh yeah it was 15k.

Yeah my mate is going to pull it to truckfest with his transit he gonna look like a right pikey. Luke has 3 Lame Rover drop brackets welded together to pull his, think I will need similair.
              when yr thinking bout yr drop brackets just remember that 1700kgs pulling and pushing on that point,as for the van mate u will get there,and u can bet u will have wedge of manuals with it aswell,they aint to bad once u get the hang of it

Comment

very nice our swift conqueror looks very similar and we have only a 3.1 swb isuzu to pull it .test run in a few weeks. the good thing is that you are never in bad traffic the road ahead is always clear

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                  when yr thinking bout yr drop brackets just remember that 1700kgs pulling and pushing on that point,as for the van mate u will get there,and u can bet u will have wedge of manuals with it aswell,they aint to bad once u get the hang of it
                  Yeah I realise that, on Lukes we put a tie bar from the bottom of the hitch at 45 degrees to the chassis. Its not coming off. Hopefully
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the world of tin tenting !

If you need any info/advice then this is the best caravanning forum on the web - it's a bit like here in that every topic goes off at a tangent within 5 posts but there's loads of people willing to help you.

First thing you need to know is that the van's fridge will only work on 12V if you have the second (12S) connector AND the car/tranny/Lucifer is running.

If you're off mains then you run on gas and conserve your battery (That means minimum lighting and switch things off). Personally I've fitted my van with 7 led replacement bulbs for the lights that are on most.

Anyway, that's enough caravan crap - good luck and have fun

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Is that what they mean by the car in front is a Toyota, its attached to a caravan with 5 mile tailback, Heh heh, thats not people saying hello going past its the tailback
                      www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

The only time there's a queue behind my van is when there's some idiot driving like a tw@t in front of me !

Comment

Discretion is the better part of valour, so will keep gob shut,,
                          but it could be be a new caravaner in front of you, maybe attached to , better start digging me hole now.

Comment

Go for it - I've been abused by experts !

If it gives you an indication of my attitude to towing, prior to buying our first van I used to hate:

Caravans
                            Horse Boxes
                            Volvo Drivers
                            4x4 Drivers

Needless to say we bought a Volvo to tow our first van and when we discovered caravan rallies we got rid of the Volvo and bought the Surf (I do hypocrisy very well !)

HOWEVER - I still hate:

Caravans
                            Horse Boxes
                            Volvo Drivers
                            4x4 Drivers

I am far from the typical caravan tugger - the accelerator gets used properly much to the surprise of quite a few competitors in the traffic light Grand Prix !

Comment

Actually do not have anything against caravaners, just the usual minority that makes you pull your hair out, used to watch the annual Dutch caravan migration down the autobahns every august, where the general rule was, flat out, foot to floor,. saw quite a few spread over the autobahn. sat on autobahn for 10 hours once, while they cleaned up the meeting area of 3 dutch caravaners, luggage and family members, they came past me racing each other, by the number of helicopters that landed on the autobahn, there were no winners. But VOLVO drivers, 4X4 school run drivers,
                              ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH , thats better, back of to the nuthouse,

Comment

Working...
                              X