engine stopped and wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    I'd have thought that solenoid would show up a fault code? Also, you did say there was fuel at the injectors.

Anyway, I'm done. I can't think of anything else just now. A grown up will come along soon to help some more...
    yer there was a little fuel then suddenly it sprayed and started then i tightened the nut and it ran till i touched the throttle the slightest amount and now im struggling to get any fuel to the injectors what so ever. its a real puzzler.
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

I dont know the fuel system very well at all, but would it be silly of me to suggest the injector pump is buggered?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I dont know the fuel system very well at all, but would it be silly of me to suggest the injector pump is buggered?
        well thats what im thinking, im thinking the solenoid on the pump or the pump itself? and if it is this what price am i looking at guys with spare ones?, id collect ASAP if i can proove its def the fault as the truck is hugely important to this holiday

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Nope...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

hi mate,

Have you tried a direct elecrical supply to the injector pump?
            fault may be a broken feed cable. do you have an immobliser fitted?
            Hope this helps.

Gman.
            If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

I had a very similar problem a while back, mine turned out to be a blockage in the actual fuel line between the filter and the tank, a quick blow down the pipe from the filter end with an air-line, with the filler cap off, and it has been no more trouble since.
              Don't forget the banjo bolt filter at the pump inlet pipe.
              I have since drained my tank and I got all manner of crap out, it might pay to do the same if you find the pipe is blocked.
              Regards, John.

Comment

Exactly had same problem. I had fitted an extra small bowl type filter as was using WVO. Wouldn't start, so bypassed filter and works prefect now. Air was getting in filter. It was a cheap filter and after undoing it a couple of times the rubber gasket goes.
                Hope this helps.
                By the way TONY did all this myself, even changed main fuel filter. First time for everything.
                Still Searching,
                Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by GRASSMAN View Post
                  hi mate,

Have you tried a direct elecrical supply to the injector pump?
                  fault may be a broken feed cable. do you have an immobliser fitted?
                  Hope this helps.

Gman.
                  which part of the pump would i supply the feed to? and yes but the immobiliser is coming off ok

Comment

Originally posted by bowella View Post
                    I had a very similar problem a while back, mine turned out to be a blockage in the actual fuel line between the filter and the tank, a quick blow down the pipe from the filter end with an air-line, with the filler cap off, and it has been no more trouble since.
                    Don't forget the banjo bolt filter at the pump inlet pipe.
                    I have since drained my tank and I got all manner of crap out, it might pay to do the same if you find the pipe is blocked.
                    Regards, John.
                    what exactly is the bango bolt?

Comment

Update

Ive blown the pipes back to the tank n noticed a little fuel spraying out of the pipe between the pump and filter so have replaced this pipe and seems to be working well so far. but that doesnt explain why when i primed the pump it wudnt let any pressure through?

Comment

The banjo bolt is the bolt that goes through the pipe fitting and holds the fuel pipe to the pump, it usualy has two copper washers, one either side of the pipe fitting, so be carefull not to loose them.
                        Are you expecting to pump the primer and get fuel to flow from a cracked off injector pipe?
                        If you are then you are going to be dissapointed, the injector pump does not work like that.
                        You will only get diesel fuel out of an injector pipe when the ignition is on and the engine is being cranked over by the starter, or of course, when the engine is running.
                        The injector pump increases the fuel pressure to something like 1000psi or more before it goes to the injector, you should NEVER EVER put your fingers near the fuel pipes when they are cracked open, the pressure created within the injector pump is high enough to force fuel straight through your skin and into your flesh etc.
                        You should be able to bleed the injector pump body by just pumping the primer pump on the filter, any air in the pump low pressure side should be expelled by pumping the primer, the air leaving the injector pump via the fuel return pipe.
                        Sorry for the long post, I just hope it helps in some small way.
                        Best regards, John.

Comment

Should you need to borrow a pump to eliminate this as a problem, I have one you could use.
                          That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by bowella View Post
                            The banjo bolt is the bolt that goes through the pipe fitting and holds the fuel pipe to the pump, it usualy has two copper washers, one either side of the pipe fitting, so be carefull not to loose them.
                            Are you expecting to pump the primer and get fuel to flow from a cracked off injector pipe?
                            If you are then you are going to be dissapointed, the injector pump does not work like that.
                            You will only get diesel fuel out of an injector pipe when the ignition is on and the engine is being cranked over by the starter, or of course, when the engine is running.
                            The injector pump increases the fuel pressure to something like 1000psi or more before it goes to the injector, you should NEVER EVER put your fingers near the fuel pipes when they are cracked open, the pressure created within the injector pump is high enough to force fuel straight through your skin and into your flesh etc.
                            You should be able to bleed the injector pump body by just pumping the primer pump on the filter, any air in the pump low pressure side should be expelled by pumping the primer, the air leaving the injector pump via the fuel return pipe.
                            Sorry for the long post, I just hope it helps in some small way.
                            Best regards, John.
                            sorry i ment i got the fuel out by cranking the engine over. its currently running fine again now i replaced the leaking hose.

Comment

Originally posted by scudmonkey View Post
                              Should you need to borrow a pump to eliminate this as a problem, I have one you could use.
                              Cheerz, if the problem persists i shall take you up on that offer, i have a spare pump here but i seem to fink its here because it was faulty its self. i have some friends in haddenham, you may or may not know them, second name of conway?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
                                Cheerz, if the problem persists i shall take you up on that offer, i have a spare pump here but i seem to fink its here because it was faulty its self. i have some friends in haddenham, you may or may not know them, second name of conway?

Afraid not...only been here 2 1/2 years! Need another 15 under by belt to be a local!
                                That'll fit!

Comment

Working...
                                X