ok who is good at..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    I calculate that if you want to fit hooooooge tyres to your truck, why worry about milage/mpg??

i was just curious .................. i'll take that as a repremand Vince, for being stooopid
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
      kin ell graham did you just read that from a book
      ..No !!!...i went to sussex uni for blimmin AGES and they sent me out with a maths thingy.......goolyfication

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      so much for a simple answer then ............best not worry about it
      Just do what maverick says. Multiply your mileage by 1.16

so eg...every 10 miles shown as registered will actually be 16 miles.

just use a simple ratio of 4.2/3.6 = 1.6 recurring.

Just remember that your speedo will be reading low, so take care near cameras.Easiest thing is to get melons to drive the focus at 30,40 and 50 mph and see what your indicated speed is as you follow her. It will probably surprise you how varied the error may be.
      Last edited by gwh200; 21 April 2009, 18:25.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        ..No !!!...i went to sussex uni for blimmin AGES and they sent me out with a maths thingy.......goolyfication

so eg...every 10 miles shown as registered will actually be 16 miles.

Just remember that your speedo will be reading low, so take care near cameras.Easiest thing is to get melons to drive the focus at 30,40 and 50 mph and see what your indicated speed is as you follow her. It will probably surprise you how varied the error may be.

Speedo is 6 mph out sussed that already

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
          god damn it,i was just about to say the same thing gwa.
          Me as well....i nearly said the same thing, but stopped meself just in time
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

so eg...every 10 miles shown as registered will actually be 16 miles. Not being to picky I hope but I make that 11.6miles

Comment

yup...im missing a 1 and a . sorry...but ian,the speedo is not just "6mph out"... this error increases/decreases with a variance in speed.

consider this at 10 mph,you are doing approx 11.16 mph,borne out by the fact you are covering more miles than the speedo shows.
              at 20 mph you are covering twice as many miles than at 10 mph,so you are showing twice the error, ie 2.32 miles so are in fact doing 22.32 mph

consider this when you reah 30 mph, your speed will have increased to a camera flash speed !!
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ok i'm using the sat nav for speed ........and then keeping under the limits

Comment

Ok i'm using the sat nav for speed ........and then keeping under the limits
                  that would be the safest way forward..............now bury this thread before the ginger dildo gets on to it !!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

that would be the safest way forward..............now bury this thread before the ginger dildo gets on to it !!
                    and hope that the ginger dildo hasnt got his pedantic head on
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Why spoil his fun

Comment

cos spoiling his fun is ....fun
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Point taken .............quick where is a mod to lock the thread

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            sorry chap,im retarded when it comes to maths,i have trouble counting my own fingers.
                            Well.. since the band saw bit back.... 2?
                            Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            I calculate that if you want to fit hooooooge tyres to your truck, why worry about milage/mpg??
                            T'is true... Then you go an spoil it all by getting rid!

Anyway! BIO! Do me a favour... get your sat nav on the go an take the truck to an indicated 70mph.. you'll need to change your pants before/during/after... but it really is quite quick!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post

Anyway! BIO! Do me a favour... get your sat nav on the go an take the truck to an indicated 70mph.. you'll need to change your pants before/during/after... but it really is quite quick!!
                              55 mph ........no faster

Comment

55 mph ........no faster

It won't go faster than 55?

You need more cubic inches mate.

EDIT: Under the bonnet I mean, not around the waist.

Comment

Working...
                                X