• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
    i have a manual too....................

oh and the basics if you havn't found the link before

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

Thanks BioHazard, the link is proving to be very useful... it brings up some questions i didn't think of...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Originally posted by 00Brood View Post
      well i grew up driving manual 4x4's
      I grew up with a coal fire.... doesn’t mean I’d want to go back to raking out the ashes each morning

I’d go for an auto every time with a 4x4, why make work for yourself? I do have a manual gearbox in my little sports car, but that is just a weekend toy... I’d not want to drive a manual in rush-hour traffic.
      Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

I had two manuals but will choose a Auto now any time for the new vehicle...
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Hilux Bob has another manual 3ltr Surf that needs a bit of work but runs really really well....
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by 00Brood View Post
            So how many guys here drives a manual surf??
            Meeeeeeee an it aint hard work at all - more control surely
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
              Why is it better off road?
              Every time you dip the clutch in a manual you lose drive.

The auto has the bigger % in purpose built offroad trucks these days.

As for on road there is no logical reason for driving a manual, other than if you tow often.

I have a manual 3rd gen which is great on Sunday with the trailer on the back but rotten going to work on Monday, this is when I miss my auto.

A sports car, track car, ect manual every time.

The above is only my opinion.
              Brian

Comment

well at least i'm not the only one who likes to drive a manual

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                All I want for X-mas is a garage stocked with tools and a manual 3.0td Surf

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  Every time you dip the clutch in a manual you lose drive.

The auto has the bigger % in purpose built offroad trucks these days.

As for on road there is no logical reason for driving a manual, other than if you tow often.

I have a manual 3rd gen which is great on Sunday with the trailer on the back but rotten going to work on Monday, this is when I miss my auto.

A sports car, track car, ect manual every time.

The above is only my opinion.
                  Yeah I get the lose drive bit, but why good for towing?

Not being obnoxious here just don't understand sorry

Comment

Cos from 2 Identical motors a Manual V an Auto ya'll always get more mpg from a Manual .......

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where, don't know when tho !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

According to Freud ( George Freud from Wigan) Men who prefer manuals are slightly unsure of their sexuality and feel emasculated if they dont have that stick to grab hold of and shake about. They feel that their manhood has somehow been diminished. Men who prefer Autos are comfortable with their sexuality and dont feel the need to prove it by holding on to a gear stick and making vroom vroom noises.

Women who prefer manuals are clearly suffering from peni5 envy.

Bogus
                      Сви можемо

Comment

Ahhh but men that drive manuals are also good with their tools ............................

' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                          Yeah I get the lose drive bit, but why good for towing?

Not being obnoxious here just don't understand sorry
                          No bother Bibs but this is just my opinion and experiances.
                          My 3.0ltr auto would drop out of lock up on any slight incline when towing.
                          The manual can't drop gears on it's own.

That has meant my manual runs at lower revs and cooler when towing and returns far better mpg as Jess said.

If I didn't tow I would have an auto every time.
                          My wee mud toy is a manual but Ive had three auto offroaders and again if I had to choose I would have auto offroad.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                            Cos from 2 Identical motors a Manual V an Auto ya'll always get more mpg from a Manual .......

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where, don't know when tho !!!!
                            Ahhhh gotcha - thanks Jess.

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                            According to Freud ( George Freud from Wigan) Men who prefer manuals are slightly unsure of their sexuality and feel emasculated if they dont have that stick to grab hold of and shake about. They feel that their manhood has somehow been diminished. Men who prefer Autos are comfortable with their sexuality and dont feel the need to prove it by holding on to a gear stick and making vroom vroom noises.

Women who prefer manuals are clearly suffering from peni5 envy.

Bogus
                            Bogus - you have issues mate.

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            No bother Bibs but this is just my opinion and experiances.
                            My 3.0ltr auto would drop out of lock up on any slight incline when towing.
                            The manual can't drop gears on it's own.

That has meant my manual runs at lower revs and cooler when towing and returns far better mpg as Jess said.

If I didn't tow I would have an auto every time.
                            My wee mud toy is a manual but Ive had three auto offroaders and again if I had to choose I would have auto offroad.
                            I see - I understand now .

Comment

Working...
                            X