selling the 4runner and getting a landcruiser colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling the 4runner and getting a landcruiser colorado

Managed to avoid redundancy last month, as another guy in office left to work elsewhere, so the 3 of us on redundancy interviewed for his job. I was lucky to secure it,

so knowing i have a more stable income, i have decided to replace my 4runner with something newer. I test drove a Landcruiser Colorado auto today, its a W-reg, 2000 age (so still lower tax rate), it drove very nicely, smoother than the 4runner, even though same engine.
    Nice to have an autobox after using manual.

it has no 2wd option, just 4wheel drive open centre-diff, 4x4 high with diff locked, and low range diff locked,
    it also has the bonus of an electric rear diff lock, but i am not sure if that was working or not.
    its green and has 7 seats inside
    aircon will be a luxury, and ABS

hope to collect it at end of the week, then will need to rehome my 4runner.

I will still stay a member on here, as so much similarity to it and a surf, that the tips will be usefull on fixing things,

need to see how easy it is to fit bigger wheels on it! and lifts etc, but they dont look as easy as on a 2nd gen...
    cant wait to get it muddy
    photos attached
    Attached Files
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

nice one andy.hope you have a lot of fun in it.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Nice one mate

With regards the lift have a chat with the lovely boyo on here as he's done his over the last year or so
      Last edited by Growler; 20 April 2009, 20:25.

Comment

think you might find suspension parts and acc's easier to find than a surf

think boyo's got an 80 landcruiser different truck andy
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

nice one mate......
          i am sure u will like it....

yeh Boyo has a 80 series hte colorado is nearly the same as the 3rd gen...

nice trucks tho....
          One day at the time I guess..

Comment

It's as near as makes no differance a rebodied 3rd gen, parts will be easy enough.
            Brian

Comment

whats happened to the 4runner then Andy
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                It's as near as makes no differance a rebodied 3rd gen, parts will be easy enough.
                Yup, suspension wise, its a 3rd Gen Surf. But LC parts are easier to get then a surf anyway.

I have one here, a 98' 3.0TD thats getting a new head, and the rear diff lock dosn't work!

The T/C shifter is back to front, which was confusing in the dark, I thought it was stuck in 4HL, but AWD is left and down, instead of left and up like a Surf.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Correct - mines an 80 series, the lift is easy enough though - have a look on TBR's website

http://www.tbruk.com/

Matt (24Seven) has a lifted Colorado. Sus lift only I think.

He's running 33x10.5 Goodyear MT's

He's only just gone to Morocco off roading for a month so he won't be on here for a while.
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

interesting, i will check out those lift options

Still got the 4runner for now, I will put it through MOT then up for sale,
                    just fitted new tail pipe on exhaust at weekend, and it needs an inner CV boot fitting which i have also got.
                    its moderately shabby condition though now, rusty door bottoms and places on rear quarters. otherwise it is in good running order.

are the fuel, air and oil filters on a 2gen/4runner same as 3rd gen/colorado?
                    as i have a set.

I've always liked the look of the colorado, and was torn between it, a 80 series or a newer landcruiser
                    even 52-plate amazons have been going at attractive prices as people shun from the 4.2 TD and big petrol engine,
                    but i decided to get something older and closer to what i am used to working with, and less annoying if it gets abused offroad
                    Landcruiser Colorado
                    Sub. Forester

Comment

are the fuel, air and oil filters on a 2gen/4runner same as 3rd gen/colorado?
                      as i have a set.

air filters deffo not , think other filters might fit
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

There is a guy who comes to the shooting range with a Colorado exactly the same colour as the one in the photos. Nice truck and there seems to be more space in the rear (higher roof than the Surf). It is a sever seater.

I want a Land Cruiser myself next, either a 80 series or a “Troopy”. Somehow the Colorado just does not seem to be a proper Land Cruiser to me.
                        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                          Somehow the Colorado just does not seem to be a proper Land Cruiser to me.
                          Nah, its just a 3rd Gen with bigger windows and less aerodynamic shape.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                          X