yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one thinking of leaving UK - Emigrating ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only been back in the Uk for 3 years after 10 years living in Amsterdam. I now feel I should have stayed in the Netherlands. It's would be very difficult for me to move again with a new baby, 2 twelve year old's and a 5 year old. The children are settled at school now.

However I have been offered a job in the states and I am considering it I love the uk and it's countryside but it can be such a negative and sarcastic country to live in. it gets me down a little. Well that's what I think
    Last edited by Mrbill; 20 April 2009, 10:19.

Comment

I am an Aussie by birth. I've been on the UK about 20 years now.

I'm getting married in Australia at Xmas, and then moving there once the gf/wive has got her visa.

The UK was once a nice place .. but the last 5/10 years have been a pretty steep downward spiral.

Too many "ferals" getting away with it.

Comment

My signature says it all.. however, it's been on there a long time and i haven't managed to go... last plans dropped with last financial ballsup.. euro at bad rate... most companies on Gib just ticking over... except the off shore gambling companies.. i think Gib is the only place where property prices still rising....

I will go.. eventually... and if i won't be back... if it don't work out there. i'll just keep on going.. why have to move and stay in one country ....
        Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

I would say go for it if you can, and with grown up kids its easier but even with lil ones they are hugely adaptable, hell the lil one goes to an Italian school. I have been in Italy now for nearly a year and its fantastic with only a few drawbacks (language still a bit of a drama but people didn't even understand my accent in England!),
          I was in Germany for five years then in England for 7 (3 in the midlands then the last 4 in Dorset) as well as spending a lot working time in the States. As it has been said before there is good and bad about each country, here it is the unemployment which makes breaking in quite a good job opportunity (two big dogs and an alarm system help touch wood!), but on the upside the folk are really friendly and they are great with our kids and there is the weather which we have just finished with the April showers and the good weather is coming in (and the mozzies), As for moving back i think we will be staying abroad and maybe moving back to the states. I really like the UK especially the west coast of Scotland (but biased but it was where i grew up) but with job opportunities being scarce and the cost of living rising the reasons for coming back are declining albeit from a long holiday or family point of view.
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbs View Post
            I am an Aussie by birth. I've been on the UK about 20 years now.

I'm getting married in Australia at Xmas, and then moving there once the gf/wive has got her visa.

The UK was once a nice place .. but the last 5/10 years have been a pretty steep downward spiral.

Of all the replies, this one hits it right on the head.

It was a good place, and I would say, perhaps not the last 10 years, but definatly the last 5 or 6 has put enough nails in the coffin fo me to up and leave.

And might I add, it's the government ferals, having a party and blue movies on our expence

'vette
            Last edited by uk_vette; 20 April 2009, 16:41.

Comment

Nowhere is better, as such. It's like dipping your wick with a bit of young totty. Probably great whilst the novelty lasts, but at the end of the day, a tuppence is a tuppence.

Christ, we all know this is a p1ss pot country in some regards, but you'll most likely find that the occupants of any country say the same about their given country. As I said earlier, same shit, different shovel. If life was perfect everywhere else, we would never have any ex-pat's returning home, would we.

By the way, you could have saved several pages and just told us you were planning on emigrating and posted your pics without trying to work up the thread first.
              Last edited by MattF; 20 April 2009, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                Nowhere is better, as such. It's like dipping your wick with a bit of young totty. Probably great whilst the novelty lasts, but at the end of the day, a tuppence is a tuppence.

Christ, we all know this is a p1ss pot country in soem regards, but you'll most likely find that the occupants of any country say the same about their given country. As I said earlier, same shit, different shovel. If life was perfect everywhere else, we would never have any ex-pat's returning home, would we.

By the way, you could have saved several pages and just told us you were planning on emigrating and posted your pics without trying to work up the thread first.
                Jeez..........never give up you miserable g1t

ps sometimes when a lady has a "tuppence" it has been known,especially after children, to be more like £12.86
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibbs View Post
                  Pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Too many natives thinking the country owes them a living, and successive govts letting them get away with it.

Stop paying people who dont want to work, use the saving to reduce taxes of those who do work. That'll work wonders for people's morale.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Stop paying people who dont want to work, use the saving to reduce taxes of those who do work. That'll work wonders for people's morale.
                    You think so? Make people content and happy and there would be anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      Jeez..........never give up you miserable g1t
                      Not whilst I have breath left in my body.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                      ps sometimes when a lady has a "tuppence" it has been known,especially after children, to be more like £12.86

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                        You think so? Make people content and happy and there would be anarchy.
                        Huh?? :
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

You lot should move up here it's great. It's also been sunny for near on three weeks now. I think that Ben from lost has moved the island.
                          North West coast in the sunshine stunning.

If you don't like people much, move north of Inverness, there's almost no fecker there and it's huge.
                          Last edited by yoshie; 20 April 2009, 21:12.
                          Brian

Comment

Well im already " here" brian......and i have to agree
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Your welcome to the May bash at Drum with or without a motor if your still here, plenty seats for you in with us.
                              Brian

Comment

if im about still i will deffo be there !!
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X