Electric aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric aerial

I bent my aerial slightly and now it does not go up or down properly. If I need to replace the unit does the whole left wing need to be removed as I assume you cannot replace the aerial only.
    If the wing requires removing is this a difficult job and what needs to be done and how long wil it take an amateur to do? Thanks.

hi m8 i removed mine and made/fitted a snorkel and im as far from being a mechanic as you could get

its easy go the whole hog cut a hole in the wing and fit a snorkel
    Last edited by steve s; 12 April 2009, 15:16.

Comment

http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140

Comment

Hi there buddy,no an easy job , remove the plastic inner wing about half a dozen bolts gives you access to the areial , I removed mine and put a whip type one on , if playing it just unscrews to stop snapping it off . A lot better opption as I found the lecy one are all ways a pain .....

Welcome Chris
        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
          I bent my aerial slightly and now it does not go up or down properly. If I need to replace the unit does the whole left wing need to be removed as I assume you cannot replace the aerial only.
          If the wing requires removing is this a difficult job and what needs to be done and how long wil it take an amateur to do? Thanks.
          You can buy just the mast and it is east to replace.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=392
          or you may find them on ebay in the states for less money.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Got mine from Roughtrax and I am really crap at automotive stuff but a quick job nonetheless ! and I didn't need me hammer !
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have now ordered one off fleabay.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                hi m8 i removed mine and made/fitted a snorkel and im as far from being a mechanic as you could get

its easy go the whole hog cut a hole in the wing and fit a snorkel
                Yes but did it improve your radio reception ? and where did you find an adapter to plug a snorkel into the radio?

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                  Yes but did it improve your radio reception ? and where did you find an adapter to plug a snorkel into the radio?

Bogus
                  reception is fantastic all you need is super glue hold the wires to the plastic tube (snorkel) glu them to it put wing back on i lost most of the bolts so i used tape and wood glue turn on radio and there you have it. im going to do a 12in suspension lift in the morning and an engine swap on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                    reception is fantastic all you need is super glue hold the wires to the plastic tube (snorkel) glu them to it put wing back on i lost most of the bolts so i used tape and wood glue turn on radio and there you have it. im going to do a 12in suspension lift in the morning and an engine swap on sunday
                    Double sided tape I hope ? popeyes favourite

bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

yep

Comment

Thanks to thsi thread and http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=removing+wing I managed to fit the serial with very little hassle. I can now listen to Radio 2 again without it jumping to one of the local stations.

Comment

Working...
                        X