Turbo rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo rebuild

My turbo has a little play in its bearings and i was wondering if theres a rebuild kit for the 2.4 turbos. if rebuilt turbos before fairly easily but cannot find any information on rebuilding these particular turbos. Much appreciated guys.
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

There used to be a firm in Cambridge that rebuilt turbos, Milton area maybe? They might be able to shed some light. If the turbo is working fine I wouldn't worry too much. Once the turbo is spinning up and there's oil at pressure at the bearings there's not usually a problem. If you have a spare turbo you could always take it apart measure the bearings and buy something off the shelf. Most manufacturers use stock bearings and seals for their applications and design around them. Hope this helps.
    That'll fit!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
      My turbo has a little play in its bearings and i was wondering if theres a rebuild kit for the 2.4 turbos. if rebuilt turbos before fairly easily but cannot find any information on rebuilding these particular turbos. Much appreciated guys.
      when you say "a little play" how much are we talking thou or mm and in what area a quick wiggle on the spindle or are we talking end float. these guys are very good they do all our race turbos.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/index.htm
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
        when you say "a little play" how much are we talking thou or mm and in what area a quick wiggle on the spindle or are we talking end float. these guys are very good they do all our race turbos.

http://www.turbotechnics.com/docs/index.htm

there very good mark but very expensive
        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

i mean if you wiggle the spinndle u get a few mm play. bit too much for my liking and it is starting to let a little oil through and catch the housing when it spools down. I do have a spare turbo and i shall be dismantling it for a look inside tomorow.
          Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

Comment

Wanted info of supplier of new turbo for a ln130 diesel manual 2.4

Have just rebuilt engine of the above however did buy a used turbo from the forum but it is leaking.Does anyone know of a supplier in uk who has these ct 20 turbos.
            Regards. niland.

Comment

Working...
            X