Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wibbly wobbly

Hi all,
    Just had new tyres fitted and balanced and now when I go 55 to 65 mph the steering wobbles!Over or under these speeds its ok,any suggestions before I phone tyre place and rip him a new one!!

ask if they were balanced?

Comment

Are you using standard rims? If you are you may find you've shed a couple of weights already. Since the move from lead weights (soft) to zinc cast weights (hard and brittle) some wheels don't take kindly. The weights need a fair amount of persuading to take to the rim shape and can crack quite easily. The old lead weights were much softer so easier to shape to different sized rims. I had the same problem on mine using standard rims. The clip on the weight just wasn't man enough to take the grief needed to fit it. Got there in the end but only after binning loads.
      That'll fit!

Comment

I had the same prob with mine a while back (swapped fronts to rears) - had the fronts rebalanced - and was a bit wobbly at same speeds. after a few weeks - it settled down and now is non existant.
        Tyre man said - just the tread bedding in!! - I thought b0ll0x - but he was right!!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Ok thanks lads I will phone the guy and see what he says as there is no weights on the outside of the rims so he might be at it!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
            Ok thanks lads I will phone the guy and see what he says as there is no weights on the outside of the rims so he might be at it!!
            If they're alloys check the inner walls as all my wheels have the balance weights stuck on there.

Comment

Working...
            X