what surf to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what surf to buy?

I am going to buy a surf in a couple of months but still unsure what model to go for... Can someone tell me the difference between all the models please?

My brother-in-law is a car dealer and as pointed me in the direction of 'Portbury Docks' in Bristol where you buy direct imports in an auction. Looking at the prices these surfs go for compaired to autotrader it seems the way foreward BUT has anyone got any tips or things to look out for before i jump in and buy one?

Any help really appreciated.

Stu

To buy from the docks I believe that you need 'motor trade' insurance, your friend can help with this though he's the one that has to bid. If I was to buy another Surf from Liverpool docks I would go for a 10 y/o 3ltr so not to go through the SVA procedure.

As for different models, it appears that the letters on the back don't mean diddly as the Surf has a huge options list anyway and most come 'fully loaded'.

Good luck, Damian.
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

What Surf

I'm not an expert but Ive had my 92 ssrx 2.4 turbodiesel for two months and I love it about 27 to 29 mpg, reliable, and loads of toys.

Comment

BUY a blue one as they are faster LOL
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          BUY a blue one as they are faster LOL
          hey marky, do you live next door to a bloke called alan bond....???

Comment

no why??
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
              My brother-in-law is a car dealer and as pointed me in the direction of 'Portbury Docks' in Bristol where you buy direct imports in an auction. Looking at the prices these surfs go for compaired to autotrader it seems the way foreward BUT has anyone got any tips or things to look out for before i jump in and buy one? Stu
              hey stu,

i'm told that when you buy from auctions your looking at the cars that the importers didn't want. sure they cost a little less, but the quality of the vehicle is not generally as good as say buying from a dealer who imports them himself. (if i'm wrong someone will soon tell me....)
              seeing as you're in bath, come over to bristol and have a look on fishponds road in eastville (off the M32 at ikea / eastville, turn left, at the next round-a-bout (1/2 mile) turn right, then about 1/2 mile on your right) he's alway got some good quality surfs in there.

see ya'll
              Planty

Comment

no why??
                just wondered, there's this aussie singer / comedian who does a song called 'living next door to alan' (as in 'living next door to alice' by smokey)
                it's based on an aboriginal family moving into a very rich part of town (jutland parade) on a council freebie, next door to alan.....

one of the line is to do with his new car (hey look it's even got a wireless...)

g'day mr alan bond how ya goin' mate, you got a real flash car, but mine ones flash one eh.. and i believe that my ones faster than yours mr bond ...........coz mines a RED one......... haahaaa

see ya'll
                Planty

Comment

BLUE ones are better ask slydog he'll tell ya LOL
                  P.S i dont live on a council estate either mate
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

BLUE ones are better ask slydog he'll tell ya LOL
                    P.S i dont live on a council estate either mate
                    yeah, i'm with ya on the blue ones are better mate, mine's also blue remember....????
                    i just thought your 'blue ones are faster' comment was reference to kevin bl00dy wilson and the whole alan bond thing. oh and i didn't think for one minute that you did live on a council estate......... if you did you'd probably own a ford granada ghia not a stunning blue surf.............

see ya'll
                    Planty

Comment

Originally posted by Planty
                      yeah, i'm with ya on the blue ones are better mate, mine's also blue remember....????
                      i just thought your 'blue ones are faster' comment was reference to kevin bl00dy wilson and the whole alan bond thing. oh and i didn't think for one minute that you did live on a council estate......... if you did you'd probably own a ford granada ghia not a stunning blue surf.............

see ya'll
                      Planty
                      sierra or fiat uno maybe
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

I'm on a council estate and those that have bought have Rangy's, Free**ders, Disco's or Citroen Xsara Picassos (why?). The others have £200 Novas with £1000 worth of wheels and £2000 worth of music system
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Planty

see ya'll
                          Planty
                          Well if it breaks down " Ive got a tool that'll fix it "

Geoff.
                          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

cheers for all you're comments guys. i think i will pay a trip to the docks and have a good look around for what you get for your money.

Comment

Working...
                            X