Suspect speedo error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect speedo error

I think my speedo is under reading by about 2 mph which is probably why I got done for speeding. Is there anyway I can get it set right? Does the size of the tyres make any difference?

tyres that are any bigger than stock will make the speedo under-read.

If you want to get real speed readings stick a sat nav in the car and take a read of that

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
      I think my speedo is under reading by about 2 mph which is probably why I got done for speeding. Is there anyway I can get it set right? Does the size of the tyres make any difference?
      Errrr I think you probably got done for speeding because you were , well speeding. I think youre stretching it a bit to try and tell us that a speedo which undereads by 2mph is an issue and is so critical unless you were done for doing 32 in a 30 zone ??

Size and weight of your right boot is probably more critical than tyre size. Id think about that before hoping for a speedo thats accurate to decimal points.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

i think my speedo reads 3/4 mls faster than i'm going well thats wot the sat nav said

Comment

We did a check yesterday and when the speedo reads 30 mph the satnav is showing 34 mph. We repeated the check and had the same readings. To compound it, we entered a 30 mph zone which has the a spped warning light that flashes up to show your speed and at slightly below 30 mph it showed 32mph.
          As I have now proven to my satisfaction the speedo underreads, how can I go about getting it rectified as I do nto want another speeding fine. Thanks.

Comment

get 9 sticky lables and a permenant marker pen - write the numbers 10,20,30,etc on lables..stick on speedo...job done
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

upgrade with white dials and move them accordingly

Comment

Fit bigger wheels/tyres.

Comment

Between Bushwacker and Breakdowntruck I am confused. Not being mechanically minded I think changing tghe face to whiet dial is out. I thought fitting bigger tyres caused under read. My tyres are the correct ones for the truck.
                  Not sure what to do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
                    Between Bushwacker and Breakdowntruck I am confused. Not being mechanically minded I think changing tghe face to whiet dial is out. I thought fitting bigger tyres caused under read. My tyres are the correct ones for the truck.
                    Not sure what to do now.
                    Drive 4MPH slower
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops View Post
                      Drive 4MPH slower
                      Thought about that but I am a stickler for the mph on my speedo!

Comment

Working...
                      X