Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offroad center in southend

Hi all
    I know its kinda short notice but i have just found out that essex,rochford and district offroad club is having a club meet tommorow in the southend area. I am up for going to have a look at their site and motors and wondered if any of you would like to join me as i didnt see a singlke surf on their gallery section, plus we have had a good bit of rain lastnight and today so there should be a fair bit of mud about to play in

Lickit
    Where is it and what time??? we might well join you for a look, e-mail or PM me and perhaps we can meet up en-route as we are only a few miles away from you.
    Ed & Sarah
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

offroad center in southend It's called the beach, innit?
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

well.......

Well me and ed (smurf) went to the rocford 4x4 center today to see what things the southend folk get upto off road, the site is fairly small and suited to the shorter wheel based 4x4 like the suzi's and swb landy although there where a few longer motors there, there is a small easy track at the edge of the course but even the undulations on that dont suit surfs as my reshaped exhaust will show. the people there were realy friendly and ready to offer advice, one of them was kind enough to take me throught the hardest section of the site in his shortened toyota hilux, the section was very slippy with sharp crests that would ground a surf due to the wheel base but there is plenty of mud and water to play in if you have the right tires for the job. so all in all a good site and lots of fun to be had so long as you have a short wheel base and plenty of ground clearance. a couple of people there suggested a site in colchester that is better suited to long wheel based vehicles
        Attached Files

Comment

It was certainly an eye opener to offroading!!!!!
          I blagged a ride around the really muddy bits in what looked like a landrover but was in fact a range rover underneath!! It had dumper truck tyres on it and it made me discover the colour of adrenalin, we were nearly taking off over crests of really steep banks and i swear at one point it pulled a wheelie up a mud bank. I am now wondering wether to look around for an old wagon for offroading and keep the surf for cleanish use?????
          I will still be coming to the pit though to get it dirty!!!!
          As Mark said this particular course is really not suited to surfs or probably any other standard 4x4, me and mark ran round the basic course a lot easier than a 2002 discovery which had a go much to everyones amusement, and then another driver was kind enough to drive into his open back door(it made me laugh).
          Looking forward to the pit now!!!!!!!

Comment

I am glad you enjoyed yourselves, bit of a challenge to say its not really Surfable though.
            I see your pics but wheres the ones of the dirty Surfs
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

nice

sounds ok lads but wait till ya get to the pit its great we will have to arrange to meet up on that day i would have come today but you know ive had problems soooo the pit here we come
              black n tan
              black n tan
              yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I grounded the front, the back and the crossmember on the basic beginners course!!!
                The course is natural and was a sand pit, there are some really extreme bits and quite a few serious bits of kit were getting stuck, the surf i am sure has the power and grip but not the ground clearance and short wheelbase that is needed for this particular site.
                Personally i would love to see a surf complete this course so if anyone out there has one high enough get yourself down there to show em how it's done.
                I did see a toyota pickup just with huge tyres and about 10" lift go round it so it's not impossible on a long wheelbase but even he said he grounded in one place!!!
                I have decided i need a 2" lift and some bigger tyres and some kind of arch extensions!!!!

Comment

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR GRINDER MAN cause that blokes got the truck to get the done!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

sounds like a good idea let tonyN rip round the course in his truck lol

Comment

Working...
                    X