Sarn Helen, positive, help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarn Helen, positive, help needed

I got it of another club website, these are two green lanes a lot of use have done in the past before they were closed so please fill the forms in and send them off

This is probably one of the longest routes that used to be available to us. When combined with the BOAT from Neath you could drive from the Brecon Beacons Visitors centre almost to the coast only touching on a couple of miles of tarmac. I have done it a couple of times and it was a GREAT day out.

The problem is that since NERC it has effectively been closed to us but there is hope to get it back BUT YOUR HELP IS NEEDED.

There has just been set up a Mid Wales Off Roading Forum which is chaired by the Dyfed Powys Police Inspector responsible for the area and attended by CRAG, GLASS, BBNPA, CCW, Powys County Council, Ceredigion County Council, TRF – possibly LARA, Elan Valley Trust, FCW etc.

The next meeting is in June and user evidence is needed. It will take you 10-15 minutes to fill in the form (link below) and then the price of a stamp to send it off.

The police are favouring our viewpoint at the moment having recinded several S59s despite BBNP saying there is no MPV rights

http://www.4shared.com/file/97200313/448ed879/Sarn_H

Post to
    Mark,
    Llanerchindda Farm
    Cynghordy
    Llandovery
    Carmarthenshire
    Wales
    SA20 0NB

Good post Pete.

Come on folks, as many as possible respond to this please, or dont moan your ar5e off when you find boulders across it at both ends.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Even though i will probably never ever go there i feel it is my duty to fill it in, SO............................ ...............

COME ON PEOPLE, DO THE RIGHT THING.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Nice one Pete...
        I have downloaded it.... will fill in and post 2mo....
        One day at the time I guess..

Comment

same here,will post tomorrow.nice one pete.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Guys, if you are posting pictures to these people be aware of this fact -

NERC was enacted in October 2006, and basically hardly anyone was aware of the full implications, one of which was to make the driving on the middle and northern sections of Sarn Helen illegal. The signage stating it was a By Way was left in place.

I have just been through all of my pics - and please correct me if I am wrong someone - but the first trip I organised for this forum to Llandovery (the first time to drive along Sarn Helen, the weekend of the Lost Forest) was May 2007.

So, all of the lovely evidence I would love to post for the meeting shows us involved in illegal off roading.

Brecon Council only got off their ar5es and put (pathetically small) signs up in of summer 2008.

The pdf download calls for evidence in the 5 years prior to 16th November 2006. I'll check my dates again but I don't think I had been along Sarn Helen at this time.

Hopefully though some of the other clubs will have been taking lots of pics - coz I really miss this route - I live less than 20 miles from it. Fingers crossed.
            Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 8 April 2009, 07:53.
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Working...
            X