No announcement yet.

Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4 Runner is the UK Surf - some differences in spec and it's likely to be more rusty too !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

The 4 Runner is the UK Surf - some differences in spec and it's likely to be more rusty too !

Rust isn't too much of a problem as long as I can get into it and I don't end up sat in the seat on the road. Lesser rust can be sorted

I'll try and find a 4-Runner then.

Any ways to spot a 4-runner from the Surf? They look identical to me

Comment

Originally posted by Grimm View Post
        Rust isn't too much of a problem as long as I can get into it and I don't end up sat in the seat on the road. Lesser rust can be sorted

I'll try and find a 4-Runner then.

Any ways to spot a 4-runner from the Surf? They look identical to me
        The badge, the log book....and the fact that the date of manufacture is the same as date of first registration, oh yes & no yen under the seats or flares in the footwell
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Grimm View Post
          Bit of a shed? Was used AS a shed for the last 6 months

Just wait till ya see a Forerunner before making a Decision/Judgement !!!!

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Not sure why you would go looking for a 4Runner as opposed to a Surf. A generalisation, but a Surf is likely to be in better nick than an equivalent age 'runner, and you get more toys. However, people seem to ask just as much money for a 4Runner, if not more. They usually use the 'not an import' excuse, as though it's a good thing! Go figure.

Dont pay much at all for a 2.4. Less than a grand, whatever condition its in really, and if its an old biffer like the one you've been offered, perhaps £400 tops. They really are pretty worthless these days.

Even a 3.0 2nd gen shouldn't cost you more than £1500 for a really good un - sadly!
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X