Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi!

My names Vince, I'm 20, and am in the middle of getting myself a Toyota Hilux Surf, SSRX (Maybe, I'm not too sure) its the 3.0 V6 Turbo diesel.

It has the recaro seats and is a great machine to look at but it needs 2 new tyres, the radiator could do with replacing, needs a new doorcard on one side and the interior is horrendous as its covered with plaster-dust and stocked full of crap. The rear swing-door has been replaced by the one with the retracting window because of a trailer accident and no-one is sure of where the paperwork was kept the last time they used it....

So its a work in progress for sure

I'll get some pictures up when I get some and I really look forward to learning about what it is I have my hands on and how to repair any problems it may develop (or have)

Speak soon!

\Vince

Originally posted by Grimm View Post
    Hi!

My names Vince, I'm 20, and am in the middle of getting myself a Toyota Hilux Surf, SSRX (Maybe, I'm not too sure) its the 3.0 V6 Turbo diesel.

It has the recaro seats and is a great machine to look at but it needs 2 new tyres, the radiator could do with replacing, needs a new doorcard on one side and the interior is horrendous as its covered with plaster-dust and stocked full of crap. The rear swing-door has been replaced by the one with the retracting window because of a trailer accident and no-one is sure of where the paperwork was kept the last time they used it....

I'll get some pictures up when I get some and I really look forward to learning about what it is I have my hands on and how to repair any problems it may develop (or have)

Speak soon!

\Vince
    A 3 litre V6 Turbo Diesel?????
    I know they do a V6 Petrol and a 3 litre turbo diesel (4cyl) but didnt know they did a V6 turbo Diesel.
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

Hi!

If it is a V6 then it is petrol....unless it has had a transplant, the standard 3.0l diesel is a 4 pot
      Surfs come with a dropdown tailgate 2nd Gen or lift up 3rd gen, what year is it?

Speak soon!

\Vince
      Oh yes and Hi
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins View Post
        A 3 litre V6 Turbo Diesel?????
        I know they do a V6 Petrol and a 3 litre turbo diesel (4cyl) but didnt know they did a V6 turbo Diesel.
        They dont.

If its a V6, its a petrol. Get ready for 'ohhhmyyygoddditonlydoes18mpg! !!' type threads

But hello and welcome.

Personally, unless you're getting it for next to nowt, I'd keep looking around.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Welcome

I hope it's cheap.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the nuthouse

Make yourself at home and feel free to join in the mad banter.

I will apologise in advance for the old toxic bummed Yeti (Biohazard) don't get downwind of him !!!!

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I was mistaken, its the 3.0 TD, no V-set up in sight.

We still haven't decided on a price. Its still sat at the hotel, unused

Gah! Hoping to get it on the drive in the next week so then I can start on the pictures and cleaning

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a shed, so I'd reckon on less than a grand, if that.

Two new tyres ~ £200
                New doorcard ~ £30
                New rad ~ £150 - £350 depending on whether you get an OEM or an eBay cheapie.

It sounds like a 2nd gen if the tailgate folds down. The swing up version of the 3rd gen wont fit, and there's never been a sideways swinging one.

I reckon with a bit of hard bargaining, you could probably get it for £700-£800, assuming there's nothing else wrong with it cos it certainly doesn't sound like it's been looked after.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Sounds like a bit of a shed, so I'd reckon on less than a grand, if that.
                  Bit of a shed? Was used AS a shed for the last 6 months :P and its a second gen Surf

They've put 2 partly worn/almost new tyres on the back, from a scrappy. So there is now copious amounts of tread but the fact is the interior is still a total mess and no tax so triple figures it may still go for.

It started today, 2nd turn of the key and a jump from his sons Civic
                  Mechanically its fine, drove it around the hotel's compound without crashing once - so pleased with it!!

Can't wait to get the paperwork sorted!
                  Last edited by Grimm; 8 April 2009, 16:06.

Comment

good on u,had to pee on fire,but u sure u can get insured?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      good on u,had to pee on fire,but u sure u can get insured?
                      Yup, just called up and got £823 Fully comp

Although if I try fully comp on a car its £1000 usually so I don't mind paying £823

Comment

Yup, just called up and got £823 Fully comp

Although if I try fully comp on a car its £1000 usually so I don't mind paying £823
                        thats not bad for yr age matey,dont worry if u need parts,stormforce is yr man for that,and they are pretty easy to work on to

Comment

One of my friends who has access to the good old vehicle database came back with some saddening news

Its not the 3.0, its a 2.4. Which isn't that big a problem, lesser insurance.
                          The problem is; it was registered in the UK - 2003, Manufactured 1992.... it's an import....immediately my insurances punches through the £1000 barrier with the force of.... well a 3.0 2-ton Hilux :P

So I am now in the market for a Hilux (UK if possible!)

I will be a full member one day

Comment

First the bad news ....

There ain't no such thing as a UK Surf !

But you can get a 4 Runner

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

First the bad news ....

There ain't no such thing as a UK Surf !

But you can get a 4 Runner

GAH! So many variations!!

Is a 4-runner the UK or European Surf? Or is every single Surf ever imported and I'm doomed to wait it out another year and buy something uncool in the meantime?

Comment

Working...
                              X