Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 door Surfs

Hello everyone,
    I've recently bought a '93 2 door surf, i've got some big wheels and tyres on the way, but am going to need arch extensions to cover them I think, do the wide arches off the 4 door fit the 2 door? or will i need some mk3 hilux items?

Cheers

what size tyres you gonna be fitting as that will depend if your gonna need to get the truck lifted to fit them.
    i got 33's on mine and the stick out past the arch ext's a couple of inches and i haven't been pulled yet
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Wheels are 8x16's with 285 75's on

Do you have a pic of yours please stormforce?

*edit* it doesn't have any extensions at the minute!

Comment

i do have a 5-6" lift tho to fit these wheels and tyres.

Comment

That looks Awesome! Is it a body or suspension lift please? or a combination of both?

Are your arch flares on the back a 1 piece job? ie not cut around the rear door? I reckon they would do on mine, i just wanted to be sure

Comment

its a 2 piece lift 2" body lift and 3" with the lancruiser springs.The total price of the lifts cost me about 600,The arches are just a 1 peace arc ext.I have 4 black arches here but there are some scuffs on them but i may well have several other arch ext's here but different colours if they're any good to you
            here's a surf wedgey
            Last edited by stormforce; 4 April 2009, 22:23.

Comment

I can paint them easily enough so that's not a problem. I've got a 2" body lift kit on the way, and i've been looking into suspension lift kits, Do you have to change the shocks with the landcruiser springs? Did you just wind the front torsion bars up to suit too?

Sorry for all the questions!! Lifting stuff is new to me, i've always gone lower before!!

Thanks for your help

Comment

Yap, change the shocks for longer ones cos the OEM ones will be at, or close to max extension. The ride is back-breaking if you leave the OEM shocks on. (It's still firm, even with longer shocks on LC springs)
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Mine has a 2" body lift, 2" suspension lift and 33" tyres. I still have the standard shocks fitted although I do have the Milners 20% uprated springs on. The handling and ride are fine. No nasty jarring if I hit a bump when off roading (although it does depend on the bump!).

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Lovely stuff.

I'm assuming there's no need for longer wishbones when raising the truck, and I can just re-set the tracking to stock without getting any bad tyre wear issues?

Comment

When you re-set the tracking/camber? tell me how to do it cos mine fronts are still a little knock-knee'd, (no still aint got round to getting it done)

still got the old shocks on the back too and he's right, bangs as i come off road humps,
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks for the info folks, I've managed to purchase a 2" body lift, I pick my wheels up on Thursday, and stormforce is hopefully sorting me a set of wide arches out.

I'll get them all fitted and see how i fare clearance wise, then I reckon i'll make some coil spacers for the rears and wind the torsion bars up and see how it goes, if i need the longer shocks i'll get them

Pics will be posted of progress once i get cracking

Comment

Working...
                        X