Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Charity Request

Hi All.

As some of you already know, last year my partner, Shirley (Giggle Queen), was diagnosed with Grade 3 DCIS. She had a lumpectomy to remove it but unfortunately they found some invasive cancer so she was advised to have a full left side mastectomy. Her cancer was found to be Triple Negative and her Lymph Nodes were clear, so all she needed was some Chemo just in case!

Now her chemo is finished, on Tuesday she had her first day back at work for 7 months and her hair is coming on a wee treat.

So to the point of this post. She's running in the Stirling 'Race For Life' this year and I'm wondering if any of you would like to sponsor her? I realise there's loads of these requests coming at you all from all over the place, so if you've given elsewhere, or are fed up donating, it's cool.

If you can spare a few quid, we'd be grateful.

Cheers!

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/shirleymcbryde
    Last edited by Albannach; 2 April 2009, 15:16.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Fantastic news, congratulations to her on getting herself that fit again that quickly. Small something sent.
    Andy
    http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Well done ! have sent my bit ! (they had to remind me about my password) must be me age !
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

If you have a pub that it would be appropriate in and you or someone you know would be up for doing an auction (somehow I'm thinking you wouldn't be shy about doing this) I think I have a signed snooker cue that I could send you.

If you are interested, PM me your address and I'll get up in the loft and send it up to you.

Glad to hear the good news

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
          If you have a pub that it would be appropriate in and you or someone you know would be up for doing an auction (somehow I'm thinking you wouldn't be shy about doing this) I think I have a signed snooker cue that I could send you.

If you are interested, PM me your address and I'll get up in the loft and send it up to you.

Glad to hear the good news
          That's a brilliant offer, how about a raffle though, rather than an Auction?

Tickets at £1-£2 each? (winner pays the postage), if I then pool the dosh and send it as a personal donation, my employer will match it 100%?

Comment

Whatever you think will raise the most.

I'll try and dig it out tonight or tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
              Whatever you think will raise the most.

I'll try and dig it out tonight or tomorrow
              Cheers mate

Comment

Hi, do not mind helping very good causes, we have a severally mentally and physically handicapped daughter, so know how hard it must of been for you and your family, so will offer 1 week use of lovely 2 bedroom cottage in Porto Heli, with stunning views and of course sunshine, all anybody has to do is get here, cheap flights to Athens, then 2.5 hour drive to the peleponeese, or the flying cat. Hope this helps.
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Done.

Comment

once pay day has arrived i will put something in also.My dad has pancreatic cancer and he'll never get over that but i'm glad giggles is making a good recovery tho
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

tis done, good luck with it all

Comment

Hi i have just come on here to say a big thanks for all the support, your a great bunch cheers:
                        I feel after all my treatment and care its the least i can do.xxx

Comment

Glad to hear ya on the mend Shirley, (Hope we'lI see ya at the Clog in May) we would like to make a small contribution, unfortunately don't have the means to, could ya ask Andy to donate £5 on our behalf n we'll settle up when we see ya
                          Jess n Zenda

There's always a Payback .... It'll take longer than five minutes tho !!!!
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Wow you hit your target, now is the time to Double it ! good luck !
                            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Forgot to add, you can auction the week , raffle it, or take it yourselfs,, must be old age creeping up on me. let me know what you want to do.
                              email, paul@greekpropertyuk.gr.
                              www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Working...
                              X