egr block off plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr block off plates

some of you may remember that last year i had a batch of egr block off plates made from 6mm steel,
    these were to completely remove the egr pipe rather than just blanking it in place
    did anyone get any pics of them fitted,
    what did you think of them
    did anyone find out if they were the same for third gen surfs
    and finally, would anyone be interested if i was to get another batch made up
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Originally posted by animal View Post
    some of you may remember that last year i had a batch of egr block off plates made from 6mm steel,
    these were to completely remove the egr pipe rather than just blanking it in place
    I'd be interested........but I'd like to know how it has affected other people's Surfs

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
      Hi the one's I had off you ended up with Pirate-storm for his truck, which is a 2.4, so never got round to trying them. If you fancy coming over with a template you are more than welcome to see if it would fit whilst truck is laid up.

Oh and yes i'd be interested in another set if they fit.

Comment

oh yes please, oh yes please

A pair for a 1995 Diesel 3L (2nd Gen) would be most nice!

Thanks,
        Jon

Comment

I fitted Pirate Storms last week.

I drilled out the holes in the big one so it would fit on the exhaust manifold end, not just the smaller pipe from the valve to intake. It almost fits, but not quite.

I always do this when making them myself, This way we can remove the whole EGR system and it looks much neater, give you more room around the engine and remove a red hot exhaust pipe from right up against No4 combustion chamber.

2nd gen and 3rd Gen 3.0's are the same. they changed to a electronic EGR around 99' and you might have more ECU issues doing it on these trucks, but early ones are the same.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
            I always do this when making them myself, This way we can remove the whole EGR system and it looks much neater, give you more room around the engine and remove a red hot exhaust pipe from right up against No4 combustion chamber.
            I agree Tony. I made some up and removed everything when I replaced the head recently, and it looks much better and roomy,

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

put my name down for a set for a 3rd gen please, cheers jim.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                I fitted Pirate Storms last week.

I drilled out the holes in the big one so it would fit on the exhaust manifold end, not just the smaller pipe from the valve to intake. It almost fits, but not quite.

2nd gen and 3rd Gen 3.0's are the same. they changed to a electronic EGR around 99' and you might have more ECU issues doing it on these trucks, but early ones are the same.
                Tony - the way I see it is that you're getting a piece of steel plate cut to size, filed down, etc, and then bolting it over the holes previously occupied by the EGR pipe. Presumably you'd then seal them with some high temp gasket sealant and copper washers...

Just want to make sure I get it right when I get around to doing it! Ta!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                  Tony - the way I see it is that you're getting a piece of steel plate cut to size, filed down, etc, and then bolting it over the holes previously occupied by the EGR pipe. Presumably you'd then seal them with some high temp gasket sealant and copper washers...

Just want to make sure I get it right when I get around to doing it! Ta!
                  yup, but the original gaskets normally still work fine, they are all you need.

As i said in another thread, you can cut the flanges off the EGR pipes, weld a small plate over the hole thats left in the middle, (I have some bar stock that fits in hole nicely and weld just it in.) and bolt them back on.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                  X