adjust handbrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjust handbrake

need to adjust hand break any tips .the adjuster underneath is rusted solid lots of wd 40 today will try again tomorrow hand break has been useless ever since i had new springs fitted but as i never use it didn't bother to adjust . breaks are like 5h1t after woodlands and then slindon what's the best way to clean out rear drums.thanks steve

You need to take the drums off, find they are full of cack, realise your shoes are on the metal and the drums are fubar'd, spend £100 on new bits, put it back together, go out again in the mud and do it all again next weekend.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

is this a prob with surfs or all 4x4s when you go off roading

Comment

Hippos been offroad through the infamous plains mud, she never had that problem.

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It seems to be a Surf problem, although any similar design will be the same.
          Its all the mud getting into the drums, it wears the shoes down enough to throw the handbrake out of adjustment and you lose rear braking. The system relies on the handbrake adjusters to hold the shoes in the right place. You know when they are out of adjustment as the pedal travels a long way.
          You can sometimes get away with pumping the handbrake loads of times, but in my experience Woodlands mud is not kind to them and clogs up the adjusters and you have to strip and clean them.
          Rear disc conversion anyone?
          Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Working...
          X