SUSE Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUSE Download

Anyone know where I can get a good, working, SUSE 11.1 DVD?

I've tried the SUSE site, but for some reason the ISO I downloaded burns coasters at home and I can't download it from work (IE has a 4GB limit) to try the burners here.

That's another thing, is there something in FF that limits it to 250mb downloads?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OpenSuse-11-1-...1%7C240%3A1318
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Thanks for the link, but if I have to pay for it, I'd buy it from SUSE or Novell. I'd rather pay them £40 than that guy £2.

Comment

So why not pay for it then.....I paid for mine

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
          So why not pay for it then.....I paid for mine
          Quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Quickness.
            Hmmmm - but you've already said you can't download it, so by the time this guy sends it to you, for £2, you would have probably wasted the same amount of time trying to download it??? Just a thought....

I've downloaded huge files using IE at home without bother, just left it overnight....so you're still looking at waiting until tomorrow at least for it to be there.

Do you use IE7? As I used IE6 when doing my downloads, as I didn't get the dumb message that it can't/won't download more than 4GB

Comment

Hmmmm - but you've already said you can't download it, so by the time this guy sends it to you, for £2, you would have probably wasted the same amount of time trying to download it??? Just a thought....
              I still won't pay him £2 for something that's free.

Anyway, the thing is, I should be able to download it, but can't. So now I want to know what's wrong.

Do you use IE7? As I used IE6 when doing my downloads, as I didn't get the dumb message that it can't/won't download more than 4GB
              I do use IE7, but I also use FF and there seems to be a limit on that too, but at 251Mb for some reason. Again, I want to find out why.

So, whilst quickness is why I wanted to download it, I also want to fix the issues that are preventing me from downloading and burning it.

Cost isn't the issue, as I said, I'll buy it from Novell before I'll pay some chancer £2 for something that should be free.

Comment

Do you have a download manager?

Have a look at this - not sure if you've already seen it....

http://en.opensuse.org/Download_Help..._via_Metalinks

Comment

Try wget, it's often more reliable than firefox for large files and can easily resume disconnected downloads. Also, most linux distros have no problem with people selling copies of their media for a nominal amount (cost of media and postage + very small fee). Suse used to semi-actively encourage it.

Do they not provide a CD-sized download too? 4GB seems like a pretty big download - you probably don't need most of what's in there anyway. I reckon my day-to-day use system (ubuntu with extra stuff installed) is between 1 to 1.5 GB.
                  Andy
                  http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

I've just downloaded and installed firefox, and went to the Suse site, clicked the download link for the 4.2g iso image, and it's downloading, so no idea what you've done to yours to get a limit????

Comment

why do you want SUSE?

why not go for kubuntu or ubuntu, depending on what you PC is, i run a 64 bit kubuntu on a 1080p high def screen
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        why do you want SUSE?
                        I like their logo the best

Comment

Eventually got a copy downloaded, will install it on this laptop. Think I'll get a new HD first though, maybe dual boot it. So much for quickness?

Thanks all for your help and advice.

Comment

Working...
                          X