Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Hey stranger!

I have a growing collection of radios now Quite addictive this lark eh? No wish to Tx as yet, but there's plenty to do as far as Rx goes. Got into decoding ACARS and POCSAG etc now, and antenna design - which helps at work. Trying to come up with a reliable way of generating 200V/m plus at <30MHz in a 6m2 anechoic room. NOT a small undertaking! We can easily get 3000V/m plus (along with occasional smoke / sparks) above 2.5GHz or so, but those low freq's demand antennas that barely fit the room!
    Yes Radio can be fun....

My favourite is going out with Kites and a very long bit of wire problem is i live local to 400kw of 909khz and the frequency i play on has a habit of getting high voltage from the earths magnetic field and the rf from 909khz and boy does it tickle if you dont put the resister on it to deck.....

If you have gone into decoding try slowscan tv or PSK 31 its surprising what can be achieved with low power....

Come out some time when i play in the field you might get a better feel for it

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

If you need a bag carrier I'm happy to return
      come along! we're going to las vegas after (nascar tickets about £80 for daytona).
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thats two seats for me then

I did so much flying over 8 or 9 years in my last job I became quite fatalistic about it. You cant 'enjoy' a long haul flight, despite what the cabin crew say, but you can survive it. If I had to fly 'cattle class' I used to try to get a seat where I could watch all the mechanical stuff going on, you know, flaps, ailerons, spoilers, reverse thrust buckets etc. I found after a while that I could ONLY get to sleep if there was significant turbulence to rock / buffet me to sleep
        i love flying. last year on our way out, the tip of the wing of our 747 had about 2 metres movement. it pointed down on the runway, and as we got faster it pointed upwards. during turbulance it flapped like a bids wing. its strange because the 747 we had on the way back didnt do that as much and i sat in the same seat.

flying is great. lots of fun
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          during turbulance it flapped like a bids wing
          What a lot of people dont realise is that if it didn't flex like that it would probably snap off
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            hi! ive come on here to ask you a question:
            well, this summer, we are going to be in orlando for a week. we were originally only going there to watch the nascar at daytona. but ive just realised the space centre isnt too far away. i probably wont get another chance to be within that distance for a long time so i really would like to go. Apache, i think you have been havnt you? whats the best way to get there? should i rent a car for a day? is it a whole day thing? is it entertaining for adults as well as kids?
            we land on tuesday june 30, and leave on monday july 6 to go to another part of usa
            hey were going out there on the 29th as well for two weeks LOL

you.ll get round in just over half a day i would have thought, havn,t been out there for around 12 years
            i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Comment

Originally posted by mkiiisupraowner View Post
              hey were going out there on the 29th as well for two weeks LOL

you.ll get round in just over half a day i would have thought, havn,t been out there for around 12 years
              Well, as the coach tour I did takes around half a day, 'just over half a day' would be rushed.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X