• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
    this country is going mad.......
    it gets worse by the day..

that is just ridiculous....
    I am going for a 40 minute shower now I think and I might have another one tonight.....
    i leave mine on, so its at the right temperature whenever i need it.

if we are worried about water shortages, then why dont we store more of it like USA do instead of letting it run away?
    yes, the water table underneat the earth holds a lot, but obviously thats not good enough for the amount of homes since we keep having hosepipe bans and the likes.

i dont see why people should have to keep paying and paying and paying. eventually, working people wont have any money for themselves!
    i heard a phone conversation a woman on the DLR train the other day, she was saying that she just works to pay bills and child care.. how fair is that?

since im on the moan band wagon, i pay £150 per month for my rail pass. and every other week, there is ticket inspectors at the station where i live. they make it so only one person can exit at a time, but there is 11 or more ticket inspectors.. mostly doing nothing at all. they have a side gate and a ticket office. they lock the ticket office, and have also put up a width restriction on the side gate so even when the T.I's are not there, only one person can get through and frankly i think its a health and safety risk now.. who do i complain to?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
      They want to make Water meters compulsory now !

well bang goes my idea for a hydro electric turbine generator project - powered by my "non metered" water supply!!!
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Never mind the rainfall in this country, we are an island surrounded by the sea! Why don't we build some de-salination plants to supply our water and rely less on the water companies currenlty robbing us blind.

Also that may help with offsetting the rising sea levels as the polar caps melt
        Got an itch, might need to scratch it soon.

Comment

Working...
        X